Finally, after 6 months of intensive development work, we are proudly releasing WooCommerce Multilingual 3.0, which makes multilingual e-commerce sites possible and easy.
This update includes:
- WooCommerce Multilingual 3.0 – with a complete new everything
- WPML 2.9.3 – with over 80 improvements and fixes, this covers everything that we ran into for multilingual e-commerce sites
- WPML String Translation 1.9
- WPML Translation Management 1.8
My last blog post about WooCommerce Multilingual release candidate, lists all the wonderful things that WooCommerce Multilingual 3.0 will do for your sites.
If you haven’t seen it, I encourage you to look at that post, see the new workflow and how it looks in the GUI. Since the release candidate, we got great feedback from clients and hardly made any code changes.
Here is a quick summary of the new features for WooCommerce Multilingual:
- Single admin screen that checks the required plugins, translated store pages and all other required steps
- Consolidated taxonomy translation
- Consolidated products translation
- Automatic generation for product variations for translated products
- Automatic synchronization for translated media
- Persistent language through the purchase process
Download and Update
You will receive an automated update for WooCommerce Multilingual, from the WPORG download page. We are taking down the beta versions from our site. We’ll have them up again when there are new features to test with WCML 3.1.
Next for WooCommerce Multilingual
Immediately after this release, we’ll be working on:
- Separate currency and payment gateway options, based on customer country (instead of language, as it’s today)
- Complete support for product bundles and other advanced WooCommerce features
Exciting times ahead!
Need our Help with Multilingual E-Commerce Sites?
We want to be more involved in building multilingual e-commerce sites. If you have a project and want our help, please let us know. We can take the entire e-commerce functionality. We’ll build it for you and help you run the site. Use our contact form to send inquiries.
If you have any suggestions or ideas, please leave your comments here. For technical support, the best place is our forum.