Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
August 31, 2023 at 12:08 pm #14320509

mihkelH-2

I have automatic review asking system. Customers get for example this link hidden link and can leave a review. As you can see some parts are still in english. If in string translation I activate automatic registration of strings there strings will be translated and all ok. If I disable it the translations are gone and back to english.

September 1, 2023 at 9:35 am #14325667

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support.

I understand the issue you're having. It is possible that the strings that you're trying to translate haven't been translated properly, which is why, they still show in English. Please follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

- Please go to "WPML > Theme and Plugins localization"
- Scan the "Customer Reviews for WooCommerce" plugin and wait till it gets completed.
- Once it is done, go to "WPML > String Translation" and search for the strings
- If the strings appear in the Result, add the translation.

If is also possible that the strings might not be included for translation yet. From the String translation section, scroll down to the end and click on "Translate strings from Admin Screen". Search for the strings that you're trying to translate and if the strings appear in the result, add it to the String translation.

Please check this documentation for a better understanding: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/

Let me know if that helps or if you need further assistance. I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

September 4, 2023 at 10:15 am #14335469

mihkelH-2

This didn't work. All strings are translated and again, if I check the "Look for strings while pages are rendered" option the translations appear right away and if I deactivate it they will disappear. So translations are there but for some reason they are not displayed.

September 5, 2023 at 3:28 am #14339639

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hello There,
Thanks for trying out the suggestions.

As the issue persists, a closer inspection will be required to understand the root cause of the issue. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to have a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” or "All in One WP Migration" on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT
-Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
-If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

September 6, 2023 at 6:09 am #14348417

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hello There,
Thanks for sharing the access information.

I've checked properly and I'm happy to inform you that the issue is solved now. The text domain for the "Customer reviews for WooCommerce" plugin wasn't specified to load the MO files of the plugin automatically, in "WPML > Theme and Plugin localization". This is why, the translation wasn't showing until the "Auto-registration" of String option was enabled.

I added the text domain in the required field and that solved the issue. Please check this screenshot[ hidden link ] for a better understanding.

Let me know if there is anything else if you need help. I will be happy to assist.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

September 6, 2023 at 7:28 am #14348915

mihkelH-2

Thank you! Seems to be working fine.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.