[Resolved] Can't crop avatar in other language version

Home Support English Support [Resolved] Can't crop avatar in other language version

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Matthias 1 year, 9 months ago. The support staff assigned to this topic is sarah.n.

Author Posts
Author Posts
December 5, 2012 at 3:29 pm #88604

Stéphanie

Hello,

Last week I installed the latest versions of WordPress with buddypress and the default theme. Also WPML multilingual CMS, WPML String translation and Buddypress Multilingual.
When I upload the avatar on the english version, I get the selection square for cropping. When I change language and try to do the same I can upload but I don’t get the selection handles.

This happens with Firefox, Chrome, Safari and IE and I tried all the possible image formats (jpg, png, gif) but I always get the same result.

What could I do?

December 5, 2012 at 3:53 pm #88616

sarah.n
Forum moderator

Hello Stéphanie,

In order for us to help troubleshoot the problem we need it to be reproduced on a test site.

Please set-up a test site on a public server, reproduce the problem and share with us the access details to your test installation (will provide an email address when the test installation is ready).
We take the security of your site very seriously so please do NOT share with us the access details to your online site!

Thank you

December 5, 2012 at 4:55 pm #88628

Stéphanie

Ok, a test site is ready. You need access info, where should I send it?

December 5, 2012 at 5:15 pm #88631

sarah.n
Forum moderator

Thank you! I have emailed you.

December 6, 2012 at 9:54 am #88735

sarah.n
Forum moderator

Stéphanie,

I have replicated the problem also on my installation and I can confirm this is a bug.

I have reported it in to our developers so that they can look into fixing this.

December 10, 2012 at 2:14 pm #89450

Stéphanie

When can I expect the plugin version with this bug fixed? (I know that these dates can change during the process...so until then is there a quick fix I could use or a work around?)

December 10, 2012 at 2:29 pm #89456

sarah.n
Forum moderator

Hello Stéphanie,

I tried to find a work-around but I was unable to, sorry. I'm afraid you will have to wait until there is an official fix for this.

December 10, 2012 at 6:10 pm #89542

Stéphanie

I will upgrade as soon as I see a new version.

Thank you for your help.

March 4, 2013 at 7:53 pm #108782

Matthias

Just a little reminder. Would love to see this working, too ;-)

March 4, 2013 at 8:55 pm #108815

Matthias

If it helps: wp_enqueue_script and wp_enqueue_style seems not work fter upload button is pressed.

It adds the language abbr to its url. (I fear it's a bug, of course):

for example:

wp_enqueue_script('jquery-ui', 'http://d2salfytceyqoe.cloudfront.net/wp-content/themes/mytheme/js/jquery-ui-1.9.2.custom.min.js', array('jquery'), null);

adds

<script type='text/javascript' src='http://local.mydomain.dev/de/wp-content/themes/mytheme/js/jquery-ui-1.9.2.custom.min.js'></script>

to html head.

so the "de" (german version) in the script's URL is the beast. I dindt find the reason... maybe (and hopefully) you will do ,-)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.