[Closed] Error on subcategories

Home Support English Support [Closed] Error on subcategories

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mihai 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
April 7, 2010 at 3:20 pm #17279

Junihausen

Hi,
there seems to be a problem with subcategories in wordpress. I'm using wordpress 2.92 and when I switch to a subcategory it shows me the 404 error page. But the posts do appear in the main category, when I switch back to it. This problems don't occur in the main language, only in the other languages. So when I'm in the main language, the posts appear under the subcategory and the main category, just not in the other languages, where they appear only in the main language.
I'm clueless.
Greets
Volker

April 7, 2010 at 3:34 pm #17281

Mihai
Forum moderator

Thanks for this – I couldn't replicate it though.
Can you add more details to this? What is your WPML version, language negotiation option, WP permalinks structure, WP theme, your blog's url and anything that you think it could help us to identify this more easily.

April 7, 2010 at 3:35 pm #17282

Junihausen

Hi again,
I found a solution in another post to switch of 'Adjust IDs for multilingual functionality', but now when I go to the main category, the language switcher shows no languages in that category, even thow they are there an I can navigate there by switching the language first.

April 7, 2010 at 3:41 pm #17283

Mihai
Forum moderator

Can you add those details I mentioned earlier and eventually send the db snapshot so I can have a closer look (I'll send you an email)?

April 8, 2010 at 6:02 pm #17284

Mihai
Forum moderator

Hi Volker,
Thanks for you email.
I still can't replicate this using the information you sent. Seems to work fine for me – except a language switcher on top level categories on secondary languages (no language displayed)
Are you sure it's not a different plugin causing this. Have you tried de-activating them one by one?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘[Closed] Error on subcategories’ is closed to new replies.