Due to the large volume of support requests you may experience longer wait until a supporter handles your request. We apologize for the inconvenience this causes. We encourage you to please search the forum for other support topics that may be helpful and to review our documentation. A supporter will respond to you as soon as possible.

[Closed] Events Manager plugin — 404 error for recurring events

Home Support English Support [Closed] Events Manager plugin — 404 error for recurring events

This topic contains 24 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  DavidHu 2 years, 2 months ago. The support staff assigned to this topic is Harshad.

Author Posts
Author Posts
July 4, 2012 at 8:57 am #66048

DavidHu

Hi,

I am trying to use the Events Manager 5.1.8.5 plugin ( http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/events-manager/ ) for WordPress 3.4.1, together with WPML 2.5.2 (these are the most recent versions of all three).

Normal events work fine and can be translated with WPML. But if I create a recurring event, then the permalinks for any of the recurrences are broken — they always result in a 404 (Page Not Found) error, for any language. But if I deactivate WPML, the permalinks all work fine.

This bug has also been reported to the Events Manager developers. You can see more detail of the problem here:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-events-manager-recurring-events-page

Is there anything that can be done from WPML side?

David

July 5, 2012 at 3:56 am #66210

Harshad
Forum moderator

Dear David,

I have gone through the wordpress support link,
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-events-manager-recurring-events-page

Is there any chance, we can see your site online and link to recurring events, So we can get an idea, exactly whats happening?

July 5, 2012 at 4:43 am #66220

DavidHu

Thanks Harshad. Since this problem needs to be fixed soon, I will provide the link. Just remember this is a live development site, so it might break sometimes while I change some other part of the design!

The front page is here: http://fuddland.org.uk/big/

Right now you can see three events are listed. The first two are recurring events — their links do not work. The last event is not recurring, it is a single event. Its link works.

Best,

David

July 5, 2012 at 7:04 am #66248

Harshad
Forum moderator

Dear David,

Okay I have checked both recurring and normal events, both seems to be generating same url, But recurring events leads to 404 page.

Can you please send me your ftp and wp-admin details to my email address, so that I can further check the behavior for recurring events?

July 5, 2012 at 7:19 am #66251

DavidHu

Done! Please check your inbox. :-)

July 5, 2012 at 8:21 am #66267

Harshad
Forum moderator

Dear David,

Can you please check now, the recurring events should be loading properly now.

July 5, 2012 at 9:40 am #66284

Harshad
Forum moderator

1. Go to Settings > Permalinks

2. Change your permalinks to something different to what you have

3. Save

4. Change your permalinks back to your preferred setting

This flushes the rewrite rules and should provide a solution to your problem.

July 5, 2012 at 10:08 am #66295

DavidHu

Thanks for trying, but there's still an issue.

When a new recurring event is added, then the 404 problem happens again for the new event.

July 5, 2012 at 10:17 am #66298

DavidHu

In other words, if you set permalinks to default and then back to whatever setting you really want, it does fix the 404 errors. But then if you add a new recurring event, then that NEW event's permalinks all have 404 errors. But all the previously-added recurring events permalinks work … even if you have never tried to visit a particular recurrence of that event.

July 5, 2012 at 10:35 am #66305

DavidHu

Additionally, after doing the permalinks flush, the individual recurrences show up in the Events editing list (i.e. edit.php?post_type=event). But the NEW recurring event's individual recurrences are not in that list.

July 5, 2012 at 1:00 pm #66336

Harshad
Forum moderator

Dear David,

Please try to add new recurring events now, the newly added recurring event is working.
http://fuddland.org.uk/big/events/another-recurring-event-2012-07-27/

Could you please check the same.

July 5, 2012 at 1:21 pm #66341

DavidHu

Yes, I added a brand new event, and the permalinks worked right away. Great work!

What needs to be done to WPML / Events Manager to make this work? Will an updated plugin need to be produced, or is it through the WordPress settings?

David

July 5, 2012 at 1:30 pm #66344

Harshad
Forum moderator

We will have to contact plugin author to differentiate events and recurring-events in wp_posts table, both of them are stored under post_type event.

July 5, 2012 at 1:34 pm #66345

DavidHu

Okay, thanks for the swift work!

July 6, 2012 at 4:59 am #66432

DavidHu

By the way, please remember that I had already edited em-posts.php, changed the definition of $event_recurring_post_type, to have 'has_archive' => true. I don't know if this is still necessary.

The topic ‘[Closed] Events Manager plugin — 404 error for recurring events’ is closed to new replies.