Due to the large volume of support requests you may experience longer wait until a supporter handles your request. We apologize for the inconvenience this causes. We encourage you to please search the forum for other support topics that may be helpful and to review our documentation. A supporter will respond to you as soon as possible.

[Closed] Lists posts by language

Home Support English Support [Closed] Lists posts by language

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mihai 5 years, 2 months ago.

Author Posts
Author Posts
October 30, 2009 at 11:02 am #13366

garrido

Hi there,
I am setting up my first bi-lingual blog with WPML, and as I'm not a PHP programmer, I'm having problems with what must be a simple issue. My sidebar lists recent posts. However, it is listing recent posts in all languages. I would like the sidebar to list the recent posts in whatever language the blog is being displayed in. The code in use currently is this:
<pre>

<?php $posts = get_posts("numberposts=10&orderby=post_date&order=DESC"); foreach($posts as $post) : ?>

<li><a>"><?php the_title(); ?></a> - <?php the_ID(); ?></li>
 <?php endforeach; ?>

</pre>
I will have the same issue with tags and comments.
I know I can use ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE to find the language the page is being displayted in, but how do I get a post's language code? Sorry if this is too basic, but I'm not a programmer and this looks like something so simple...

November 2, 2009 at 8:32 pm #13368

Mihai
Forum moderator

The function get_posts() is sendinfg suppress_filters=1 by default to thw WP query that's being generated.
What you can do is add suppress_filters=0 as an argument:
<pre>

<?php $posts = get_posts("numberposts=10&orderby=post_date&order=DES&suppress_filters=0"); foreach($posts as $post) : ?>

</pre>
This will ensure that the WPML filters will be used so you should see the posts in the correct language.

The topic ‘[Closed] Lists posts by language’ is closed to new replies.