[Closed] Problem with WP-DBManager plugin

Home Support English Support [Closed] Problem with WP-DBManager plugin

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  andreas.n 2 years, 1 month ago. The support staff assigned to this topic is andreas.n.

Author Posts
Author Posts
November 6, 2012 at 4:21 pm #83345

Marcelo

Hello, since I installed WPML 2.6.0 2 days ago, I am having problems with WP-DBManager and the "Automatic Scheduling" feature. Everyday I receive an email with a unique backup of my database, but since 2 days (after I installed WPML) I am receiveing more than 15 emails! with differents times, so the plugin now is making a lot of backups (I think like 20-25) and it's sending to my mail and also saving in my server, so I would like to know what's happening?

November 6, 2012 at 5:20 pm #83359

andreas.n
Forum moderator

Hello Marcelo,

This is strange indeed. Just to make sure:
its this plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-dbmanager/ - version 2.63, I assume.

I will to replicate this problem in a test-installation and will discuss this issue also with another developer and we will get back to you soon.

November 6, 2012 at 5:55 pm #83361

Marcelo

Exactly the same one, WP-DBManager v2.63 by Lester 'GaMerZ' Chan

I have the option "Automatic Scheduling" active, so every day the plugin make a backup in my hosting and also, it send a copy of the DB backup to my mail, but only once every day, since I installed WPML, I get more than 20 backups per day, in different times, for example: 05:00:01, 05:00:03, 05:00:07, 05:01:15 and like this until I got like 20-25 backups.

Hope you can check that asap, thanks.

November 7, 2012 at 8:45 am #83414

andreas.n
Forum moderator

Hello Marcelo,

regarding my tests: I've scheduled 1 daily backup and got so far a backup twice.
Not sure if this has to do with the actual activation of the "Automatic Scheduling".
To be 100% sure I will wait another 24 hours.

November 7, 2012 at 11:48 am #83458

Marcelo

Hi Andreas, here is a screenshot of the daily automatic backup for today 11/07: http://i.imgur.com/tLqnH.jpg

This time was 19 backups, really don't know why after I installed WPML the plugin start to generate a lot of backups, in your case you got 2 backups, but as my DB is really big and old, I think that's why I got a lot of backups, also I checked that WMPL add news tables and in special it added this one:

wp_icl_translations 85.390 records

it have 85.390 records! then also this:

wp_icl_languages_translations 3.969

Please, investigate about that and give me a solution.

November 8, 2012 at 1:46 pm #83690

andreas.n
Forum moderator

Hello Marcelo,

The mentioned 24 hours are gone, but I received only one backup email from my test installation. So from a troubleshooting perspective this is not good, I couldn't replicate the your problem yet.

However, you mention an interesting detail there. I'm quite sure that the author must have thought about the possibility that a database is quite big and that its risky to have a huge email attachment. So the solution here would be to split the attachment and sent it via several emails, one after the other.

So if your database due to the WPML activation has increased in size (and apparently quite a bit) then this would explain why you get all over sudden so many emails at once.

Lets run this first check:
On your webspace there is folder with the actual db backup file - most likely in directory ./wp-content/backup-db/ - and the file ending is either .gz or .sql
> What is the size of the latest backup there?
> Then, please forward these emails shown on http://i.imgur.com/tLqnH.jpg

This way I will be able to compare the file sizes.

The topic ‘[Closed] Problem with WP-DBManager plugin’ is closed to new replies.