[Resolved] Problem with WPML media translation

Home Support English Support [Resolved] Problem with WPML media translation

Tagged: 

This topic contains 15 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Dudu 1 year, 1 month ago. The support staff assigned to this topic is Harshad.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
March 31, 2013 at 2:34 pm #115987

Silvano

Good afternoon,
I have some problems in translating portfolio media attachments from english to italian, in the theme dt-slash (i bought from Themeforest).
I cannot see images in the italian translated portfolio even if I follow every step you suggested.
I really tryed a lot of work around or suggestions you gave to other people too (searching in internet and in the internal support), but i am not able to see images in italian translation.
I will attach some images to explain setup/effects in the site.
I am not able to find italian translated images even if I check all checkboxes and run the WPML Media batches to duplicate images.

Really thank you
Hope you can help me
Silvano

Here i put the section of code that does not return images:

$query = array( 'post_type' =>'attachment',
'post_mime_type' =>'image',
'post_status' =>'inherit',
'orderby' =>'menu_order',
'order' =>'ASC',
'numberposts' =>1
);
if( $img_id ) {
$query['p'] = $img_id;
}else {
$query['post_parent'] = $p_id;
}

$images = new Wp_Query( $query );
$images = $images->posts;

Here I get and empty $images variable for italian translation. For english everything works fine.

Thanks

April 1, 2013 at 5:22 am #116017

Harshad
Forum moderator

Dear Silvano,

Can you please try this:
go to wpml -> support -> click on the troubleshooting link at the bottom of the page. On the troubleshooting page click on the set language information button.

April 2, 2013 at 8:10 am #116303

Silvano

Hi Harshad, thank you for the quick answer. I did what you suggested but I have still the same problem: images does not appear in the translated portfolio.
I've also tryed to run the wpml media batches but I can see no changes. If you need some more information or the access to my site, I can provide them without problems.
Thanks
Silvano

April 2, 2013 at 9:44 am #116357

Harshad
Forum moderator

Dear Silvano,

I’ll send you a private email right now asking you for some private information that will help me debug this issue for you. Please check your email in a couple of minutes, and if you don’t get it, let me know so I can send it again.
Thanks.

April 2, 2013 at 10:06 am #116364

Silvano

Dear Harshad,

mail sent to you with all the requested information.
Hope you received it and you could find which is the problem.
Thanks for your time and attention
Silvano

April 3, 2013 at 7:23 am #116621

Harshad
Forum moderator

Dear Silvano,

Thanks for providing the details, Can you please check your site now?
I have updated the core sitepress.class.php file which resolved the issue.

April 3, 2013 at 9:08 am #116679

Silvano

Dear Harshad,
Thank you very much for the modification, now I can see images also in the italian translation of portfolio item but I see still one problem: the image I see in both language has the same english description/text either I am in the english version of the site or I am in the italian version.
In the media section there are the two correct versions of the image (created after the wpml batch execetion. Here the english version has the english text, the italian image has the italian text).

I see a similar problem in the gallery images (inside posts and portfolios): If I edit the image text/description in the italian version of the post/portfolio, also the text in the english version changes.

Really really thank you for the help you are giving me

April 4, 2013 at 8:46 am #116933

Harshad
Forum moderator

Dear Silvano,

Sorry for delay, Can you please contact your theme author and get the exact filename which deals with gallery and portfolio items.

April 4, 2013 at 9:19 am #116946

Silvano

Dear Harshad,
I post the comment
http://themeforest.net/item/slash-wp/discussion/701905?page=42&filter=All%20Discussion#comment_3651524

to the site creator section. Hope they will answer quickly to your question.
If you would like to add some more comment, maybe technical specific information to the themeforest site to get specific responses, you are welcome :)

Thanks a lot
Silvano

April 4, 2013 at 5:31 pm #117072

Harshad
Forum moderator

Dear Silvano,

It seems their support techs are off till Monday, I will check it and update you.

April 11, 2013 at 7:23 am #118444

Silvano

Hi Harshad!
How are you?
Have you got some update on the subject for me, or do you still need some help from the theme guys? If you still need it, I will try to submit some more question to their support.
Good day and again thank you for the support

April 15, 2013 at 2:57 am #119202

wes

Can i get a copy of the updated sitepress.class.php file? I have the same issue -
thanks

April 15, 2013 at 3:28 am #119208

Harshad
Forum moderator

@Wes

I have sent you updated sitepress.class.php file.
Please check your email.

@Silvano,
I am checking the theme files and get back to you asap.

April 15, 2013 at 11:50 am #119351

Silvano

Hi Harshad!
With your help and the help of the dt-Slash theme guys, I have resolved the issue!
Now I am translating the portfolio image text the right way and everything seems just perfect.

Thank you very much!
Silvano

May 27, 2013 at 10:15 am #130574

Mike

Hello, I also have the same problem. Could you send me sitepress.class.php to svetomir@slavyanin.org

Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.