Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ferventD 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
August 3, 2022 at 1:08 pm #11794161

ferventD

We are having a problem creating Product Bundles. When saving these bundles, they are automatically deleted. While debugging, we found out that the Woocommerce Multilangual plugin has a conflict with Woocommerce Product Bundles. After deactivating the WPML plugin, everything works properly again. The console log errors are empty and the debug log is also empty.

August 3, 2022 at 1:41 pm #11794385

ferventD

We added the debug information. Do you need more information?

August 3, 2022 at 3:01 pm #11795523

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

1) It seems like a compatibility issue, so could you please login to this sandbox site and upload the "Product Bundles" plugin only? (hidden link)

After that, please create a test product to replicate the issue. If the issue is replicable, kindly let me know the steps to reproduce it.

2) Could you please share your Debug information with me?
You can read a detailed explanation about it here. (http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support)
The debug info will give me a lot of information about how your site is configured.

Thanks for your cooperation

Regards,
Osama

August 4, 2022 at 8:01 am #11800325

ferventD

Hi Osama,

Thank you for your reply. We have created a test product and everything works properly on this Sandbox. Could it be that the plugin is not yet compatible with PHP 8.1.1? We also added the debug information.

August 4, 2022 at 8:40 am #11800477

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

1) Thanks for your update. According to your debug information, you use an old version of WPML, WordPress core, and WooCommerce. Could you please update all of your active plugins and the theme?

After that, please install the WooCommerce Multilingual plugin. You can find the latest versions of WPML plugins here. (https://wpml.org/account/downloads/)

❌ Please backup your database before the update ❌

2) If the issue persists after the update, please check if the issue persists in a minimal environment by following these steps

1- Deactivate all the plugins except the active plugins on the sandbox site.
2- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Twenty-one.

If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is causing an interaction issue.

❌ Please backup your database before performing the above test ❌

Would you please let me know the result of this test?

Regards,
Osama

August 4, 2022 at 11:56 am #11802827

ferventD

URGENT!

Hi Osama,

We have updated the WPML plugins to the most recent version. Unfortunately this didn't solve the problem. Then we converted the PHP version from 8 to 7.4 and deactivated all plugins. This also didn't work. As a last step, we reactivated the default WP theme, but the products also disappear after saving.

After we have turned off the Woocommerce Multilangual plugin, it works again.

Can you please fix this as soon as possible?
The webshop is very important for our customer en they need a fix as soon as possible!

August 4, 2022 at 12:03 pm #11802883

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for your update. I would need to take a closer look at your site, so I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP)
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private, which means only you and I can access it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme and change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

✙ I also need your permission to take a local copy of your site to debug the issue without affecting your live site.

Regards,
Osama

August 8, 2022 at 12:53 pm #11823213

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

1) Thanks for the access details. I can ensure your data's safety, and the provided login details will be deleted once the ticket is marker resolved.

2) I've tried replicating the issue, but it worked correctly. (Kindly check this hidden link)

Would you please let me know the steps to reproduce the issue?

Regards,
Osama

August 9, 2022 at 6:15 am #11828837

ferventD

Hi Osama,

It goes wrong when you add a product bundle to a translation of a product. So if you make a translation into EN from the test product, it will not save it.

So the steps how we do it:
1. Create product in Primary language: NL
2. Fill product in NL
3. Translate product to another language

When you save it, you will see that the product bundles are empty.

August 9, 2022 at 8:36 am #11829775

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for your update. If the product is not translated, the issue happens, but if you translated the bundled product, then translated the main product, it will work correctly.

Kindly check the test product and let me know if it works correctly. (hidden link)

Also, please check this video. (hidden link)

I hope this helps you. If you need further info, please let me know.

Best regards,
Osama

August 9, 2022 at 3:06 pm #11833315

ferventD

Hi Osama,

We have tested it and it does indeed work on a number of products. Unfortunately, many products still do not work. We have transferred 1 test product from the live site to the staging environment. The Post ID of this product is 11518. Could you view this product? We have to add the product "Vulslang lpg recht x recht" here. In NL (primary language) this works, but in FR it doesn't.

If it is easier for you that we provide a video of how we experience the problem, then this is no problem for us either.

Thanks in advance!

August 9, 2022 at 3:15 pm #11833465

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I've checked the mentioned product and bundled one is not translated into French. (Kindly check the attached screenshot)

Could you please check the following steps?
1- Translate this product to French (hidden link)
2- Edit this product and click on "Update" (hidden link)
3- Update the French translation by clicking the "Pencil" icon
4- Go to French product and check the bundled product tab (hidden link)

Would you please let me know the result of the above steps?

Regards,
Osama

1.jpg
August 10, 2022 at 6:57 am #11837783

ferventD

Hi Osama,

It concerns the product "Vulslang lpg recht x recht" and not the product "Vulslang lpg haaks x recht". The Post ID of this product is 429 and it has been translated.
So we want to add Post ID 429 as a bundle to the product with Post ID 11518. In addition, it only goes wrong on the live site with products where all bundle products have been correctly translated. We have already tried to delete and recreate the translation here, but this also does not help.

We would like to see a solution very soon. We are still waiting a couple of days now..

Thank you in advance for your help!

August 10, 2022 at 8:54 am #11838517

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

1) Would you please provide a screencast while reproducing the issue on the live site?

2) I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to the live site.

Regards,
Osama

August 10, 2022 at 11:57 am #11840645

ferventD

Hi Osama,

Thank you for your message. We just took another look at the product and saw that the issue is now resolved. Have you made a change to the staging environment that makes it work again? We are curious if anything has been adjusted and what has been adjusted!

We would like to hear from you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.