[Resolved] Unresolved: Double content loop No matter what

Home Support English Support [Resolved] Unresolved: Double content loop No matter what

This topic contains 37 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 1 year, 2 months ago. The support staff assigned to this topic is Dominykas.

Author Posts
Author Posts
December 12, 2012 at 2:57 pm #90146

Vincent

Hi there,

After an update to wp 3.5 and and an upgrade of WPML accordingly, no matter what I do, content loops once (repeats itself once) Literally anything from posts to page content. Everything doubles. I was not able to find any reason for it in the code. With last WPML and this upgrade interchanged and tested as soon as the sitepress-multilingual-cms plugin is activated it happens. Standing by once again with clean install of all latest modules and hoping for a quick answer.

I wrongly clicked resolved (stupid!) NOT RESOLVED! See thread http://wpml.org/forums/topic/after-upgrade-double-content-loop-no-matter-what/

Hasrad asked me:

Dear Vincent,

Does this issue appears all over website, or specific area?

For ex. Blog posts show doubled content?

Reply:

Dear Harshad,

Some pages do some don't double post content, all posts double, newly made page shows a 404 after activation plugin, fine when deactiviating, share plugin (shareaholic) shows double on some pages and on some does not. updated /activated / deactivated / plugins tested all one by one, problem persists.

Please advise!

Cheers,

Vince

December 12, 2012 at 3:10 pm #90159

Dominykas

Hi Vincent,

I think this is a theme related issue. Can you please change your theme for a test e.g. to TwentyEleven?

December 12, 2012 at 3:38 pm #90173

Diddo

I had the same problem and the double content disappears, when switching to a standard theme.

For me the double content was only on the homepage. And I was using the Breeze ("Professional Corporate and Portfolio WP") theme, from themeforest.

December 12, 2012 at 3:47 pm #90179

Ales

Hi,

it could be theme related, but how? This is the real question.

Since all works just fine with WP 3.4

December 12, 2012 at 4:05 pm #90193

Vincent

Hi Dominykas,

I changed to default theme also last night as a test, problem persists. And it cannot be because afterwards I did a theme rollback to a point where wpml used to work fine with my theme. If i reset the plugin to the previous version with old theme, the problem persists. It seems very much a wp 3.5 vs older wpml up to 2.6.2 (3.5 compatible) issue. And it is relatively random (in my case). I hope I do not have to do a wp rollback because I especially waited for an update on plugins before installing it and consequently did not think an entire backup of previous wp version + db's was needed. (as it used to be quite seamless, wait for it, every paid plugin updated? Ok work through the night, optimize and go. Ah just saw Ales's reply. Yes please, enlighten us!

December 12, 2012 at 6:13 pm #90226

Thomas

I have the same issue!

December 12, 2012 at 6:19 pm #90227

Thomas

The issue only appears, if i call

icl_get_languages('skip_missing=0&orderby=id');

before the loop starts. (I call it in header.php for delivering my custom language switcher)

If I call the function after the loop (for instance in footer.php), the single posts only show up once.

December 12, 2012 at 8:18 pm #90236

Indrajit

I have the same problem, except on my theme (GeoPlaces) the double loop only appears for the custom post type places

December 12, 2012 at 10:42 pm #90253

Vincent

Hi Dominykas and certainly everyone else!

Dominykas: thanks for your quick reply, but it cannot be.

Thomas, thanks! worthy test. However wpml / whimever is reading this and knows the multiple plugins that envelop wpml, all tabs are gone in admin, it seems quite allright code wise, so strange, I probably missed something small, please wpml , also from a admin / superuser point of view ( the people who are not a code monkey, I am but they are suffering the consequences amongst others) the save settings is in code there but not visible in generated (browser-admin) view and wherever I place the custom code for the custom (non widget) switcher it keeps on bugging out in double content. Hardcoded and soft changed in admin settings, whatever happens as soon as activated main plugin random doubling happens. I cannot put my finger on it. It cannot be a theme issue, all is checked. As soon as i activate whatever version of sitepress-multilingual-cms on wp 3.5 the above mentioned events happen. there is no particular reason for it, ah well I can't find any, perfection lies in small humbled corners! please advise

December 13, 2012 at 10:05 am #90363

Dominykas

Hi Vincent,

In order for us to help resolving the problem we need it to be reproduced on a test site.

Can you set a test site on public servers, reproduce the problems and share with us the access details to your test so we will be able to review it. You can send them to my e-mail – dominykas@wpml.org – Would this work for you?

December 16, 2012 at 6:38 pm #91042

Vincent

Hi Dominykas and everyone,

Thank you for the option. If after this post a test site is needed I will do so asap!
I think I have found the issue! Whilst is was fine before there is a conflict between http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/site-layout-customizer/ v. 1.7 and WPML v. 2.6.2 So It has nothing to do with 3.5 or theme and it did not trigger before whilst turning all plugins on and off. Tried several times and this is the reason. WPML is such an extensive plugin to crosscheck. Would you be able to help me before I have to find a different solution for the non coders to be able to list category posts in such a way? And before I rebuild / build a compatible plugin?

December 17, 2012 at 8:44 am #91112

Diddo

i do not have that plugin. still i have that problem.

December 17, 2012 at 10:22 am #91170

Dominykas

Hi Vincent and Diddo,

Can you guys set a test sites and share with me the access details to your test? so, I'll be able to review it and fix. You can send the site admin credentials to my e-mail – dominykas@wpml.org – Because, now it's pretty difficult to say what's causing that.

Thanks!

December 17, 2012 at 10:37 am #91176

Ales

Hi,

there are also problems with WooCommerce shortcode. Always output double content.

December 17, 2012 at 10:41 am #91179

Ales

Hi,

always when you calling wp_reset_query(); you will get double content.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.