[Closed] where is the textdomain of my theme ?

Home Support English Support [Closed] where is the textdomain of my theme ?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
July 17, 2012 at 7:16 am #67818

Tasos

i have kreisi.at choices theme and trying to find the textdomain…

could you help plz ?
also waiting from kriesi.at forum to reply

thx, tasos

July 17, 2012 at 8:01 am #67834

Tasos

…and do i have to find this text domain for every theme/plugin i need to use inside wpml ?…

July 17, 2012 at 10:21 am #67862

Anonymous

When the theme or plugin is created, the texts were wrapped in gettext calls. Each call includes two arguments – the string that needs to be translated and a second argument called the text-domain. This second argument identifies all the texts in the theme as belonging to it. This is the value you enter in the text domain field, so that WPML can load the translation file and assign it to the theme.

A gettext call looks something like this

<?php _e('string to be translated', 'text-domain'); ?>

can be used like this

<?php _e('string to be translated is put here', 'your_theme'); ?>

so what you have to do is to identify strings wrapped in a GetText function call and from there get the text domain.

in the above case your_theme is the text domain

July 17, 2012 at 10:43 am #67865

Tasos

thx brooks i understood that from what i already read in your docs, but questions remain :

- do i really need this for every theme/plugin .mo file i want to use in wpml ?
- where shall i find it for my theme ? (i searched all php files and found nothing) – my theme is http://themeforest.net/item/choices-responsive-business-and-portfolio/2536338 – also waiting for theme forum to reply…

thx!!!

July 17, 2012 at 11:29 am #67872

Anonymous

Its a good thing you posted on their forum, as they created the theme, they should be in position to answer that, other than that, you don't need to know if you are going to do translations using WPML as opposed to using .mo files, all you have to do is to scan the theme for strings in
WPML->Theme and plugin localization.

July 17, 2012 at 11:47 am #67876

Tasos

but this way (wpml translation) i have to scrap any ready made translation in .mo files…

can i decide independently for each theme/plugin between wpml / .mo translation or is it a global setting ?

July 17, 2012 at 12:16 pm #67879

Anonymous

<blockquote>but this way (wpml translation) i have to scrap any ready made translation in .mo files…</blockquote>

Not necessarily,
When scanning a theme for strings, you have an option to import .mo file translations,

.mo file translation for plugins will be used no matter the setting used.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘[Closed] where is the textdomain of my theme ?’ is closed to new replies.