[Closed] WPML And YARPP

Home Support English Support [Closed] WPML And YARPP

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 year, 6 months ago.

Author Posts
Author Posts
January 3, 2013 at 5:04 pm #94095

Danny

Hello, my blog http://www.intermittentfasting.nl is in two languages. Dutch and English.

I am using WPML for this multilingual blog, Since today i am using YARPP with a child theme to show thumbnails as related posts. The related posts are working without a problem on the english side, arent working on the dutch side.

I also tried the WPML template which is provided by YARPP itself, the english related posts keeps working. The dutch related pots says; No related posts. However, the languages are almost exact translations. So when a enlgish article got a translation, so must the dutch one have.

I hope someone can help me.

ty

January 4, 2013 at 6:34 am #94125

sarah.n
Forum moderator

Hello Danny,

Is this the plugin you are using: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/yet-another-related-posts-plugin/ ?

Does the plugin author say that his plugin is compatible with WPML?

January 4, 2013 at 8:37 am #94155

Danny

Hello Sarah,

Yes it is 'Yet Another Related Posts Plugin', with that I use a template.

The author says it is wpml supported since version 3.012. It's version 4.03 now.

The author even added a example template for wpml, the same problem remains (No related posts on the dutch site, english works like a charm)

Thank you!

January 4, 2013 at 9:32 am #94171

sarah.n
Forum moderator

Danny,

I will download the plugin now and test. I will get back to you here once I know more.

January 4, 2013 at 1:15 pm #94272

sarah.n
Forum moderator

Just an update on this. I installed the plugin on my local development installation but I was not successful to make it work.

Since the author says that he provides compatibility with WPML, have you tried contacting him about this issue? What did he say?

January 5, 2013 at 4:17 pm #94419

Danny

I'll try to contact the plugin author.

Thank you for your help so far Sarah!

January 7, 2013 at 10:44 am #94563

sarah.n
Forum moderator

Danny,

Could you update your thread when you get a reply with a solution from the plugin author? This will be helpful for other users that may be looking for a solution to the same problem.

January 14, 2013 at 7:38 am #96053

Danny

I have had contact with the author via mail, he asked to make a post on the wordpress boards, so i did; http://wordpress.org/support/topic/yarpp-and-wpml-not-showing-on-second-language?replies=6

In a nutshell: Author says because wpml is paid, support from wpml should figure out what the problem is. He says it worked before, and in the past he received tips from wpml support how to solve problems.

I sincerely hope wpml does something with this issue.

January 14, 2013 at 11:13 am #96118

sarah.n
Forum moderator

Danny,

Thank you for coming back to this thread.

I will forward your ticket to Dominykas who works with theme and plugin authors via our GoGlobal program. He will be in a position to assist further.

January 15, 2013 at 10:21 am #96427

Dominykas

Hi Danny,

It would be good if I could get access to your site, in order to take a look at these things myself. Would it be possible?

January 26, 2013 at 9:44 am #99539

Danny

Dominykas, i havent received an email with a post update. So this is why i didnt replied to the topic anymore. I am sorry!

Offcourse you can get access to the website, I guess you can access my personal information on file? Feel free to contact me in a private way so i can give you the login information.

I will keep looking at this thread more often, even if i dont receive an update mail.

ty

January 28, 2013 at 12:17 pm #99803

andreas.n
Forum moderator

Hello Danny,

I'm assisting Dominykas with that – I've send you a private email a minute ago.

February 12, 2013 at 10:05 am #103611

Danny

Have had a sinlg email contact, no further contact what so ever.

Any updates would be appreciated!

February 12, 2013 at 3:26 pm #103739

Anonymous

Dear Danny,
We will contact the plugin author for closer cooperation to make things work. Under the present circumstances this will be the best solution for you and all other users.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML And YARPP’ is closed to new replies.