[Closed] WPML support for RAMP Deployment Plugin

Home Support English Support [Closed] WPML support for RAMP Deployment Plugin

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  RichardH1 2 years, 5 months ago.

Author Posts
Author Posts
March 15, 2012 at 5:29 pm #52271

Taylor

I recently started using RAMP (wp deployment plugin) for a small website that I've translated into 7 languages. I came to find out on my first deploy batch that NONE of my translated pages were even recognized by the plugin. Only the default language pages were included. I tried looking for ANY documentation about this issue and have hit a dead-end. I contacted RAMP to see if there was something they were aware of that would cause this, and received the following response:

"…the WPML plugin filters them (translated pages) out of most queries, but this would be a better question for the WPML team."

So, I'm coming to the WPML team for help on how I can get this working. From what I could tell after comparing a translated page with a default page in my DB was that they are pretty much identical in the _posts table. I know there are references within the _ici_translations table to their default language counterparts. Any insight as to how to fixe this, or explanation on how translated pages are viewed by other plugins, would be greatly appreciated.

Please advise,

Taylor

March 16, 2012 at 1:32 pm #52355

Anonymous

Dear Taylor,
<blockquote>I came to find out on my first deploy batch that NONE of my translated pages were even recognized by the plugin. Only the default language pages were included. </blockquote>
-Recognised how?
-You are right, the translated posts are stored the same as the default posts.

March 16, 2012 at 3:50 pm #52379

Taylor

I have 8 pages, translated into 9 different languages (including english, which is the default), for a total of 72 separate pages on my site. All of these pages were built within a few days. However, when I create a batch using RAMP I only see the 8 main pages. Nowhere do I see any reference to my other 64 "translated" pages.

March 16, 2012 at 6:13 pm #52390

Taylor

I resolved my own issue.

Apparently, when you go to create a batch in RAMP, the pages that show up in the batch are in accordance with the currently selected language that you're viewing the wp-admin panel in.

Ex: I had been viewing all wp-admin panel pages in the default language for my WP install (English), but when I switched to a different language using the WPML language switcher tool at the top of the screen, my RAMP batch showed the "translated" pages for that language.

This will work, I'll just have to perform 9 different batch submits instead of the one.

April 17, 2012 at 3:01 am #55847

RichardH1

Hi Taylor

I think you mentioned over on the RAMP forums that you still had issues with this. I'm just wondering if you resolved these issues?

We'd like to use the two plugins in combination for a global website, but this issue is a problem for us. Any feedback most welcome.

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML support for RAMP Deployment Plugin’ is closed to new replies.