WPML team is happy to deliver a beta version of WPML 3.1.8. This version improves stability and performance.
Major issues handled in this release
- Changing language in the back-end, will not change the whole UI language (errata)
- Changing language of an editing post, cannot mess the taxonomy terms translations (errata)
- Search results will remain in the correct language in all language URL configurations (errata)
- Fixed memory issues or infinite loops errors, caused by wpml-config.xml parsing (errata)
Remaining issues that we are still working on
- When creating or editing the root page (language in directories and root page without a language), it’s permalink could not be displayed at all, or it could show the wrong url in some cases
- Some strings might get duplicated with different contexts
- “Translate yourself” options in the post editor might not work in some cases
This update is recommended for production sites only if our support team identifies a problem in your site and recommends you to switch to this beta release to resolve the problem.
Before updating, please back-up your database.
Then, log-in to your WPML account, go to Downloads, scroll all the way to the bottom and download the CMS Beta Package.
The CMS Beta Package is a ZIP, which contains other ZIP files of all WPML components. Unzip it and upload the components that you are using. If you are upgrading a site, be sure to upgrade all WPML components that you are using, from the same beta package.
Questions? Ideas? Suggestions? Leave a comment and we’ll get back to you.