We have recently released WPML 3.3.7 to address some changes introduced in WordPress 4.5.
After this release, we noticed several issues with permalink handling, in particular with paginated content, and a couple of additional issues when dealing with WooCommerce.
Some of these issues were already present in previous versions of WPML, but they became more evident in WPML 3.3.7.
WPML 3.3.8 addresses these issues, and in particular:
- Templates and pagination
- Wrong template being used in the search results for a second language when the front page has a template and there is no template for the search results
- is_front_page() does not work when the URL contains the “lang” argument in addition to others arguments
- Pagination issues in the default language with browser redirect enabled
- Malformed paginated URL in the home page with plain permalinks and language as a parameter
- Wrong pagination when using custom permalinks such as “/%postname%” without a trailing slash, and language as a parameter
- Malformed pagination URL when displaying paginated content on the front page with “Post name” permalinks and language as a parameter
- The second page of paginated content is not accessible in a secondary language with pretty permalinks and the same slug in translated content
- WooCommerce related
- 301 error on product pages
- Different domains for each language; when switching language, the cart contents are not synchronized
- PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in sitepress.class.php on line 2345
- “Language as parameter” conflicts with browser redirection and the manually set home page
- Added ability to change the behavior of the “heads_lang” meta tags by providing new hooks
Some of the above issues were discovered thanks to a new set of automated tests that we added specifically for this release.
Download and give us feedback
First, remember to backup your site before updating. We backup our site and test updates before we update ANYTHING (any plugin, the theme or WordPress). This release of WPML has gone through a lot of testing, but it’s still nicer to find glitches on a test site and not on a production server.
Then, update all of WPML components. This is a quick fix version of WPML core and WPML Translation Management, with no dependencies between other add-ons, which in fact haven’t been updated.
The best way to update WPML is from the WordPress admin. Register your site (you can register all your sites, we don’t limit) to get automated updates. Alternatively, you can always download WPML manually from your account.
Leave your comments to give us your feedback, ask questions or make suggestions. We’ll get back to you.