Today, we present an interview with the ICanLocalize translation service. ICanLocalize can help you translate any type of project, from websites to software and mobile apps.
1.How long has your service been translating?
ICanLocalize started its business in 2007. It was developed slightly before WPML by the same company, OnTheGoSystems. Ever since the two products were integrated, we have been translating thousands of WordPress websites as well as hundreds of iOS and Android apps, general documents, and more.
2. Where are you located?
We are a remote company based in the US. Our translators and reviewers are from all over the world and our support covers all time-zones.
Our greatest strength is website translation using WPML.
3. What are your specializations?
We have expert translators in various fields ready to work on your project. There are over 65 categories available for translation, including business; advertising; investment and securities; computer hardware and software; and marketing and market research. However, our greatest strength is website translation using WPML. We were the first translation service to be integrated with WPML. Therefore, we have years of experience and we have proven to be perfectly capable of translating even the most complex websites.
4. How often do you translate websites?
We handle all kinds of website projects on a daily basis. We translate an average of 25 new websites per month as well as several websites with recurring content and updates that are continuously being translated. Our translators and reviewers always collaborate and communicate with clients promptly and efficiently. They are all professional linguists who will do their best to meet any deadline agreed upon without ever compromising the high quality of the text.
We translate all kinds of WordPress websites, from simple blogs to highly complex e-commerce retailers with thousands of product descriptions.
5. What kinds of WordPress websites do you translate most often?
We translate all kinds of WordPress websites, from simple blogs to highly complex e-commerce retailers with thousands of product descriptions. Many of our clients have global businesses across a wide variety of fields including software development, technology, tourism, health and sports, and finance.
Our compatibility team works directly with authors to ensure that all sites can benefit from using WPML.
6. What challenges do you find in WordPress websites?
WordPress sites use many different themes and plugins, some of which are not yet compatible with WPML. However, our compatibility team works directly with authors to ensure that all sites can benefit from using WPML. We assist the clients in all stages of translation, from website configuration up to the point that the translations appear online to their satisfaction.
7. How do you ensure that translations are accurate and match the tone of the website?
Quality is ICanLocalize’s top priority. We only work only with certified native-language translators carefully selected from hundreds of applicants. Our clients’ input and requirements are highly valuable to us. It is for this reason that clients are always encouraged to share any previously translated material they have to provide better context for our translators. We have exclusive chats where clients and translators can communicate and work together to reach the best results.
8. Can you give some examples of recent WordPress translations that you have completed successfully?
Sure! Here are some of the recent ones:
Ready to send content for professional translation?
Are you interested in taking your translations to the next level by using a professional translation service?
- Make sure to have WPML Translation Management and WPML String Translation activated in your site.
- In the WordPress admin, go to the WPML -> Translation Management page and click the Translation Services tab.
- Activate the translation service of your preference and authenticate it. For this, you will need to create an account on that service’s website.
- Go to the Translation Dashboard on the WPML -> Translation Management page and select content to send for translation. Add selected content to the Translation Basket.
- Finally, go to the Translation Basket tab, select to translate it using the selected translation service and send it for translation.
You can find the full instructions on the page about sending content for translation.