Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 15:00 7:00 – 15:00 7:00 – 15:00 7:00 – 15:00 7:00 – 15:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Pacific/Easter (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ilyes 12 hours, 7 minutes ago.

Assisted by: Ilyes.

Author Posts
October 1, 2024 at 11:57 am #16240226

Lukas Leitner

Background of the issue:
I am trying to edit a translated page, which is copied from EN to NZ-EN. NZ-EN is a custom language.

Symptoms:
If I change something on the NZ-EN page, everything looks good, but I can't see the changes in frontend. Even if I refresh the page in the CMS, the changes are also gone.

Questions:
Why are the changes not visible on the frontend after editing the NZ-EN page?
Why do the changes disappear in the CMS after refreshing the page?

October 2, 2024 at 7:44 pm #16247320

Ilyes
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Pacific/Easter (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for your patience,

Taking another look at your site, the language setting that you currently have is causing 404 issues, which blocks the changes from getting loaded correctly,

I have shared your database with our 2nd tier, they will advise us on how to fix this and how the custom language should've been configured,

I will let you know once I receive a response,

Best,

October 3, 2024 at 11:35 am #16249454

Lukas Leitner

Hello,

by when can I expect a result so that I can communicate this to the customer accordingly?

Thank you

October 3, 2024 at 10:34 pm #16252114

Ilyes
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Pacific/Easter (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I've got a reply, If you change the language code on the DB directly you will destroy all the language connections for this language. If they need the language code nz-en, then you need to create custom language using this code.

If you still cannot provide access to the website, we can recreate the issue on a sandbox, by providing your custom theme, any important custom plugins and similar language configuration,

Here is the sandbox link : hidden link

Could you attempt to replicate the issue there? Or share a copy or access to your live site, whatever works with you.