Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
August 8, 2022 at 11:46 pm #11827313

sergiyS-4

I couldn't find good decision to use any popup plugin with WPML. And this is way too dissapointing!! So I hope my decision may be to apply to Submit Button the CSS corresponding to the popup. For example for language1 I apply to Submit Button Popup1 (css number 2). For language2 - Popup2 (css number 2).
But if I update translation it automatically renews css applied to the button. So I need then change it manually every time after update.
So how to preserve this updating?
Or may be some other variants how to solve the problem?

August 9, 2022 at 2:21 pm #11832969

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi there.

I am sorry to hear about this experience that you had until now but can you please let me know if you had the chance to try the first plugin in this list below or the last one?

- https://wpml.org/plugin-functionality/popups/

They are supposed to be compatible with WPML.

Hope that helps 🙂

Mihai Apetrei

August 9, 2022 at 9:58 pm #11836115

sergiyS-4

Hello. Yes, I've just used Popup Builder that is officially compatible. But this was not successful too. Because it worked in one language and didn't work in other. I created another support topic about this case.
that's why I decided to invent some other decision - to apply different css (or shortcodes ) in each language.
Why everything works correctly in form creating for example WPFORMS but so complicated with popups.

August 11, 2022 at 8:58 am #11848389

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi there.

Thank you for the update - I did not know that you also opened another ticket, too.

In regards to the CSS preservation, I'm not sure where you added the CSS class/ID that you are referring to but, depending on the content builder that you are using, the re-generation of a new class/ID might happen automatically due to the builder that you are using.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.