Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mariaS-3 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Lauren.

Author Posts
August 9, 2022 at 6:39 pm #11834977

mariaS-3

Hi Lauren!

Thanks for your help earlier today:) I have been using WPML for quite a few years and I have really not had many issues. Recently I changed page builder from Beaver Builder to Divi and it has been a real headache. I really appreciate your help with these issues.
Thanks again!
Maria

1. Tell us what you are trying to do? I am trying to duplicate a page in English and create a new page in Spanish with images and content. The WPML options appear but, they are not working. I have also tried to duplicate the page from the page list (screen shot included)

2. Am am also having another issue and I have included a screen shot. I have all the plugins in the screen shot installed and actived (except Gravity Forms) and I am getting a reading that they are not installed.

Is there any documentation that you are following? I have been troubleshooting on forums and have also uninstalled and reinsalled all plugins.

Is there a similar example that we can see? It is a sitewide occurance.

What is the link to your site? hidden link

WPML.error.5.PNG
WPML.4.PNG
WPMK.Error.3.PNG
WPML.Error.2.PNG
WPML.Error.1.PNG
August 9, 2022 at 7:27 pm #11835427

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this. From the error screenshot, looks like something with the language is off. If you go to WPML -> Languages, do you see any active languages?

Also, Please be sure to make a full backup of your site and database.

Then, go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting.

Look for 'Clean up' and click the following:
- Synchronize posts taxonomies
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Synchronize local job IDs
- Fix Terms count
- Fix post assignment for translations

let me know if you still see this error after the clean up steps, and if you are able to translate a page. If you still are not able to translate, make sure the debug log is enabled so we can see any other errors.

August 11, 2022 at 5:57 pm #11852541

mariaS-3

Hi Lauren!
Thanks once again for your help. I followed all your directions but, my issue is still not resolved. As I mentioned in my previous note I recently changed page builder from Beaver Builder to Divi when all my troubles began. Earlier this week I went into the back end of my WordPress site and deleted some PHP files that I found lingering with Beaver Builder's name. In one of the attached screen shots you will see that Beaver Builder is still showing up?

In the clean up area should I also just clear the language information and repopulate the languages? I am redesigning my site so I wouldn't mind starting from zero. I can also work around the issue and just save my created pages in the Divi builder and then just translate. I just don't know how much this issue to going to affect other areas such as WooCommerce?

Below is the debug info. Thanks again for your help!!!

Maria

WPML.aug.11.5.PNG
WPML.aug.11.ghost.PNG
WPML.aug11.2.PNG
WPML.aug.11.1.PNG
WPML.aug.11.1.1.PNG
August 11, 2022 at 6:05 pm #11852655

mariaS-3

Hey Lauren,

I forgot to mention that in when I was following in the troubleshooting area your intructions and clearing the cache in WPML etc it was idling forever and then I would see a message 'amongthecoconuts done' and if I didn't press the OK button it would continue to idle. So I really don't know if the clearing stuck? Below is a screen shot.

Gracias!!!

WPML.aug.11.ghost.PNG
August 11, 2022 at 6:17 pm #11852691

Lauren
Supporter

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

August 12, 2022 at 4:22 pm #11858181

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for sending access. I enabled the debug log and found a fatal error, seemed that there was some missing file in WPML core. So I deactivated/deleted all WPML plugins and downloaded a fresh install. Now, the page is able too duplicated and everything seems to be working. Can you try testing on your end and let me know if you have any remaining issues?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.