Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is experiencing an issue where all products in languages other than the default are not displayed, showing the error message: 'Sorry, no products matched your selection. Please choose a different combination.' This issue is caused by the B2B King plugin blocking access to the products.
Solution:
We recommended checking the workaround provided on the WPML errata page for issues related to B2B King's product category restriction not being copied to translations. You can find the specific workaround here: https://wpml.org/errata/b2bking-product-category-restriction-not-copied-to-translations/

If this solution does not resolve your issue, or if it seems outdated or irrelevant to your specific case, we highly recommend opening a new support ticket. Additionally, please check related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verify the version of the permanent fix, and confirm that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. For further assistance, you can also visit our support forum at https://wpml.org/forums/forum/english-support/.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 38 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
September 14, 2024 at 12:01 pm #16178608

willem-janV

Background of the issue:
I have the following WPML Plugins installed: WPML Multilingual CMS -> 4.6.13, WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency -> 5.3.7. All the products in all the languages (except the default language) are not shown.

Symptoms:
I see the following error message: Sorry, no products matched your selection. Please choose a different combination. This is for English, but the French version for France etc.

Questions:
What can I do to solve this issue?

September 15, 2024 at 8:46 am #16179476

willem-janV

See a screen print of the error message.

2024-09-15 10_45_18-Shop -.png
September 15, 2024 at 11:03 am #16179833

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

1) I would need to look closely at your site, so I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP)
Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated.

Your answer will be private, meaning only you and I can access it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I need your permission to deactivate and reactivate the plugins and themes and change site configurations. This is also why the backup is critical.

✙ I also need your permission to take a local copy of your site to debug the issue without affecting your live site.

2) It's not related to the issue, but according to your Debug.info, the WP memory limit needs to be increased. PHP memory is fine, but WordPress uses 40Mb as default. The minimum requirements for WPML are 128 MB. (Kindly check this page https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/)

You can increase it by adding the following code in your wp-config.php file right before the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy publishing. */ line:

/* Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Best regards,
Osama

September 15, 2024 at 11:52 am #16179920

willem-janV

Hello,

I have found the culprit. B2B King is blocking my access to all the products. I will contact the maker of B2B King.

Please, do not close this ticket. Maybe your assistance is still required.

With kind regards,
Willem-Jan Vroom

September 15, 2024 at 11:55 am #16179923

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi Willem-Jan,

Thanks for your reply. Please check this page and let me know if the workaround there fixed your issue.

Best regards,
Osama

September 15, 2024 at 4:22 pm #16180370

willem-janV

Hello,

Many thanks for your reply. I followed the instructions but had no luck. The custom term meta has been modified. See the attachment '2024-09-15 18_16_20-Settings ‹ — WordPress.png'. But I got lost in the second part. I only see what you can see in the attachment '2024-09-15 18_19_33-WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency ‹ — WordPress.png'.

I only see product categories. I do not see a match with the User Visibility.

Your help and feedback is appreciated.

With kind regards,
Willem-Jan Vroom

2024-09-15 18_19_33-WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency ‹ — WordPress.png
2024-09-15 18_16_20-Settings ‹ — WordPress.png
September 15, 2024 at 8:00 pm #16180768

willem-janV

Hello Osama,

I have some good news. The products are shown now if I go to the shop and translate it into English. See the attachment '2024-09-15 21_52_43-.png'. But... the bad news: if I select a product-category then nothing is shown. See the attachment '2024-09-15 21_55_36-Coffee Archieven -.png'.

You can see the website via the link hidden link. Then you bypass the WooCommerce Coming Soon option.

Your help and feedback is appreciated.

With kind regards,
Willem-Jan Vroom

2024-09-15 21_55_36-Coffee Archieven -.png
2024-09-15 21_52_43-.png
September 16, 2024 at 8:27 am #16182052

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi Willem-Jan,

I would need to look closely at your site, so I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP)
Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated.

Your answer will be private, meaning only you and I can access it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I need your permission to deactivate and reactivate the plugins and themes and change site configurations. This is also why the backup is critical.

✙ I also need your permission to take a local copy of your site to debug the issue without affecting your live site.

Best regards,
Osama

September 16, 2024 at 10:51 am #16183013

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi Willem-Jan,

Thanks for the access details. I checked the site, and I was able to see the products in English and Dutch. (Kindly check this hidden link">screenshot)

Please let me know if I missed something to reproduce the issue.

Best regards,
Osama

September 16, 2024 at 11:25 am #16183315

willem-janV

Hello Osama,

Thanks for your reply. If you clear all the filters, then you will see that the Dutch version shows 50 articles but the English one only 21 (and in some cases only 12). And the French version shows 18 results. In all the languages all the 50 results should be shown.

I hope this reply is helpfull for you.

With kind regards,
Willem

September 16, 2024 at 12:22 pm #16183680

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi Willem,

Do you have a staging site where I can run the minimal setup test by the following steps:

1- Deactivate all the plugins except WPML CMS, String Translation, WooCommerce, and WooCommrece Multilingual.
2- Switch to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Twenty-one.

Best regards,
Osama

September 16, 2024 at 12:26 pm #16183698

willem-janV

Hello Osama,

I am afraid I do not have that. But I can give you a Akeeba-backup that you can restore somewhere and do some testing. Is that suitable for you?

With kind regards,
Willem

September 16, 2024 at 12:39 pm #16183920

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi Willem,

That would be great. I'll enable the private reply so you can share the copy safely.

Best regards,
Osama

September 16, 2024 at 4:31 pm #16184974

willem-janV

Hello Osama,

Thank you for all your support. It is appreciated a lot.
I have filled in all the available information, see attachment. But what is the database? That part is missing...

Is all the other information ok?

With kind regards,
Willem

2024-09-16 18_25_09-.png
September 16, 2024 at 9:40 pm #16185609

willem-janV

Hello Osama,

The site has been copied. You can login with the userid OsamaMersal and the password that I sent you yesterday.

With kind regards,
Willem

willem-janV confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-09-19 13:02:01.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.