Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
August 7, 2022 at 5:41 pm #11818309

robertoM-63

we have staging.utixo.net which is the one we update and then to CLONE it to production utixo.net. I see that the clone overwrite all the tables and it create problems with WPLM ! We would make all the translation in staging and then bring them to production.
What is the best way to manage this situation with WPML ... we only want to modify staging.

August 8, 2022 at 5:21 am #11819637

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

My recommendation is to use the Duplicator plugin when you are migrating the site between the testing and live environments.

- https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Documentation can be found here:
hidden link

Here is a small tutorial on how to use Duplicator:
hidden link

This should help you perfectly migrate your website while maintaining the exact same setup and also taking care of the search and replace process so that the old links will be overwritten with the new URLs of the new domain you are migrating to (in case you are also changing the domain and not only the server).

I hope that you will find this helpful 🙂 I use only Duplicator each time I want to migrate WP websites. They also have a premium version but if you don't have a huge website with a huge database, the free version should work fine.

After you migrate, you might see a prompt at the top asking if the site was moved there or if it is just a copy: select the first option so that everything remains as is.

Good luck and have an amazing rest of the day!

Let me know how things go.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.