Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
You are trying to translate WooCommerce variable products, but images, variations, and some meta data are missing in the translated products.
Solution:
If you're experiencing this issue, we recommend you try the following steps:
1. Navigate to WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Attributes tab.
2. Select the attribute from which the variation was created.
3. Click the Synchronize attributes button at the bottom.

Next, go to WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Settings tab, click on the Troubleshooting link (bottom right), and select:
- Sync products variations
- Fix translated variations relationships

Click Start to synchronize variations across languages.

If the issue persists, navigate to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting page and press:
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Synchronize posts taxonomies (select 'product' and 'Variation')
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Set language information

This solution might be irrelevant if it’s outdated or not applicable to your case. We highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the problem persists, please open a new support ticket at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by gabrielT-11 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
July 26, 2024 at 8:59 pm #16009796

gabrielT-11

Background of the issue:
I am trying to translate WooCommerce variable products on my site hidden link. Everything seems to be properly set.

Symptoms:
The images, the variations, and some meta data are completely missing in the translated products.

Questions:
How can I ensure that images, variations, and meta data are included in the translated WooCommerce variable products?

July 29, 2024 at 7:31 am #16014070

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support. Sorry for the delay in responding due to the weekend.

I understand the issue you're having. When translating a product, the variations should also be translated and copied to the translation, ensuring they appear correctly.

If the translated product is not showing variations, please follow these steps:

1. Go to WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Attributes tab.
2. Select the attribute from which the variation was created.
3. Click the "Synchronize attributes" button at the bottom.

Next, go to WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Settings tab > Troubleshooting link (bottom right) and select:
- Sync products variations
- Fix translated variations relationships

Click "Start" to synchronize variations across languages.

If the issue persists, go to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting page and press:
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Synchronize posts taxonomies (select 'product' and 'Variation')
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Set language information

Please let me know if the steps above help in solving the issue with variation on the translated product. if you need further assistance, I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

July 29, 2024 at 9:37 am #16014910

gabrielT-11

Helo Prosenjit,

Thank you for your extensive answer.

I manage to make everything working properly by resetting WPML. The only issue I am facing still, is that product variations have no images (this issue is still part of the main issue of this topic).

If I go to the main product and I manually click on "update", then the images are showing, but I have thousands of products.

Is there a way to make variation thumbnail show up when the product is translated/duplicated?

I followed your steps but unfortunately not all languages are having variation images. 1 language has it and the other one not.

Thank you.

July 29, 2024 at 11:24 am #16015531

gabrielT-11

Hello,

Going back to my issues, in translate products I was missing:

- Product image
- Variation images
- Stock

On top of it, when i translate any product, the variation in the original product were disappearing.

How I fixed everything:

I stopped using WPML Advanced Translator. What I do now is, I duplicate the products to other languages, then I export them, translate them, and import them back.

Everything is just absolutely perfect now.

I spent days trying figuring out all these issues, and apparently they all came from the WPML Advanced Translator.

Thank you for your help.

July 29, 2024 at 11:40 am #16015715

gabrielT-11

Duplicate content and then translate it makes the whole process flawless. WPML Advanced Editor unfortunately won't work as expected.

gabrielT-11 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-07-29 11:40:52.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.