This is another bugfix release, hopefully, the last for a while. WPML 2.0.3 fixes a nasty problem with WP pages being hidden and translations being lost.
To make a long story short (and it really is a long story), when you de-activated WPML 2.x and activated it again, so cleanup code automatically ran. That cleanup code was a good idea at the time, but now, it caused all sorts of problems.
The good news is that Mihai, WPML’s lead developers, found a way to fully restore all the information from different columns in other tables. Hurray!
For ICanLocalize clients
If you’re translating with ICanLocalize and some translations didn’t manage to arrive back in your site, do this:
- Do a DB backup (just in case).
- Upgrade to this version (2.0.3).
- Go to WPML->Support->Troubleshooting (there’s a link at the bottom of the support page).
- Scroll down and click on Synchronize translation jobs with ICanLocalize.
- It should run for a second or two and synchronize between the jobs history in ICanLocalize and your translation dashboard.
wp_list_pages working again
People reported that WPML doesn’t let wp_list_pages work correctly. I have to admit that we tried to find the cause for a long time and didn’t manage to.
That changed when a very nice user (thanks Ifrah) got the problem just as we were speaking, made a DB dump and send it to us. Thanks to this DB dump, we managed to nail that problem and fix it for good.
Folks, if you find a bug, reporting it only doesn’t always help.
If you can send us a DB dump, with a small test case that shows the problem live, that’s best. We use your DB dump, see the problem, figure out what’s causing it and fix.
Thanks for everyone who’s using WPML and supporting it in any way.
Have a great weekend everyone. My is starting now!