Dies ist das technische Support-Forum für WPML - das mehrsprachige WordPress-Plugin.

Mitlesen können alle, doch nur WPML-Kunden können hier Fragen veröffentlichen. Das WPML-Team beantwortet Anfragen im Forum an 6 Tagen pro Woche, 22 Stunden am Tag.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Adding translation

Solution: In Custom fields translation the user didn't set all that was required to "Translate"

This topic contains 7 Antworten, has 2 Teilnehmer.

Last updated by dennisS-9 vor 4 Jahre, 5 Monate.

Assigned support staff: Maciej.

Autor Beiträge
April 15, 2015 um 11:58 am #599832

dennisS-9

Hi WPML Team

Yesterday ​I have installed WPML on my website and since then I have tested some of the features.

I have manually created posts and pages in other languages and also used the Translation Management module. If I click on the plus symbol in the pages backend of wordpress to add a translation the pre-settings are not be assumed for content layout, sidebar, top bar etc. The same issue appeared if the translator clicks on the edit button in the translations queue, adds and finishes the translations.

Many thanks in advanced for your help.

Kind regrads,
Dennis

April 15, 2015 um 12:53 pm #599883

Maciej

Hello,

My name is Maciej and I will help you with your issue.

Can you please elaborate a little more so I can better understand? Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit so if you like make use of "upload an image" below the comment area.

Thank you.

April 15, 2015 um 4:34 pm #600093

dennisS-9

Hi Maciej

1. Website (Konzerte):
hidden link (pass: zh2ozüriwasser)

2. Settings backend (Konzerte):
- Screenshot 1

3. Click on the plus symbol in the pages backend of wordpress to add the English translation (Konzerte):
- Screenshot 2

4. Copy content from german version and publish page
- Screenshot 3

5. View page with result that the page is not full screen, top bar is not disabled, slider isn't displayed, concert list (plugin) isn't displayed
- Screenshot 4

6. Settings backend (Konzerte, EN version):
- Screenshot 5

The same issue appeared if the translator clicks on the edit button in the translations queue, adds and finishes the translations.

Thanks for your support.

Kind regrads,
Dennis

April 16, 2015 um 6:29 am #600356

Maciej

Thank you for your reply.

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.
I would also recommend to backup your database and website first before we proceed. You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

April 17, 2015 um 12:19 pm #601392

Maciej

Thank you for the login details.

May I kindly ask you to change my account type to admin? Without the admin permissions I am unable to do anything.

April 17, 2015 um 3:47 pm #601607

dennisS-9

Sorry! Done.

Kind regards,
Dennis

April 21, 2015 um 2:40 pm #603417

Maciej

Hello,

Thank you for your patience.
I have set some of your "Benutzerdef. Felder" to translate (screenshot). After that I created a duplicate of the German version which had the correct layout and translated it independently.

Please let me know if this solves your problem.

April 23, 2015 um 11:01 am #604736

dennisS-9

Hi Maciej

Yes this solves my problem. I didn't know that I have to set some of your "Benutzerdef. Felder" to translate.

Thank you very much. Have a nice day!