Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mohamed Sayed 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohamed Sayed.

Author Posts
May 27, 2022 at 2:59 pm #11327951

vladislavM-4

If you press English flag in Russian Main Menu in .ru part of website it doesn't redirect to English .com part of website.

hidden link Look here at the main menu please.

May 29, 2022 at 11:34 am #11336595

Mohamed Sayed

Hi there,
Thanks for contacting WPML support.

1) Please increase the WordPress Memory Limit. According to your Debug.info, the WP memory limit needs to be increased. PHP memory is fine, but WordPress uses 40Mb as default. Minimum requirements for WPML is 128Mb. (Kindly check this page https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/)

You can increase it by adding the following code in your wp-config.php file, right before the /* That’s all, stop editing! Happy publishing. */ line:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

2) Make sure that the page translation is complete and shows a pencil icon in Pages > All Pages.

3) If the issue persists, make sure that you have a full database and website backup then go to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting page, and click the following:

- Clear the Cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Fix WPML table collation
- Set language information
- Fix post type assignment for translations

Let me know please how it goes.

Regards,
Mohamed

May 30, 2022 at 12:55 pm #11344011

vladislavM-4

I put 256M for memory, it didn't help. I cleared the WPML cache, that also didn't help.

Sorry, but other tasks I don't understand:

"
"
Can you please provide more info on how to do all of these?

Is there a more simple way to just make flag button to change domain from .com to .ru?

May 30, 2022 at 5:36 pm #11346747

Mohamed Sayed

Hi,

The language switcher should be able to switch between the active languages on your site without any additional settings.

So it could be a conflict issue with one of your plugins or the theme. Kindly try the WPML troubleshooting options I mentioned before first, you just need to click the button for each option (I've attached a screenshot showing the troubleshooting options of WPML).

Please make sure that you have a full database and website backup then go to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting page, and click the following:

- Clear the Cache in WPML

Let me know please if that helps.

Regards,
Mohamed

Troubleshooting-‹-Sandbox-—-WordPress.png
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.