Dies ist das technische Support-Forum für WPML - das mehrsprachige WordPress-Plugin.

Mitlesen können alle, doch nur WPML-Kunden können hier Fragen veröffentlichen. Das WPML-Team beantwortet Anfragen im Forum an 6 Tagen pro Woche, 22 Stunden am Tag.

This topic contains 5 Antworten, has 2 Teilnehmer.

Last updated by Diego Pereira vor 1 Woche, 5 Tagen.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Autor Beiträge
August 18, 2019 um 12:55 pm #4412247

sebastianS-88

Summary of issue: Switching between language versions of list/overview does not work in the Events Calendar. The secondary language is flawed. In contrast to this, switching between language versions individual entries works without issues.

Configuration details:
* Default language of Worpress site: German
* Default language of WPML: German
* URL Slug for events (overview) in Events Calendar (Permalinks): "veranstaltungen"
* URL Slug for single events in Events Calendar: "veranstaltung"

The German version works:
hidden link

By default, the English version is empty (hidden link).

I applied the fix "The Events Calendar fix für rewrite rules" offerd by you as per:
hidden link

With this fix, the events overview page is populated in English.

However, browsing the archive in the secondary language still does not work. Interestingly enough, switching languages between single events works without issues. The issue is only there for the switching and pagination of the list / overview.

Example:
1. Go to hidden link
2. Click on the English language flag. You will see that the translation changes correctly to English but the URL is incorrectly displaying hidden link instead of hidden link
3. Click on "Next Events": The page reloads to hidden link
However, the content appears in German.
4. Hit reload and you will see that the whole page changes to English language.
5. Hit "Next Events": The page again switches to German.

Can you help me with tips on how the configuration should be set up to work with WPML?

I also tried to change the Slug configuration in the Events Calendar plugin from "veranstaltungen" and "veranstaltung" back to "events" and "event". But I did not see any change. I have currently set the default slugs to "veranstaltungen" and "veranstaltung" because the default language is German. Does it make sense to use a different setting?
a) Should one configure the strings, e.g. slugs in the Events calendar plugin to match the default language?
b) Or should one leave it as is and then use the WPML string translation to overwrite the slug via string translation? If so, where can I revert it? Does the WPML cache to be cleared in the VPML debug section, etc.?

I also tried the behaviour on a fresh installation on WordPress and encountered the same issues, even if using English as the first and German as the secondary language.

I raised a ticket with The Events Calendar team and they came back to me as follows:

"[...] I believe there is a conflict in logic, because as you mentioned, I have checked and your calendar in English is this:
hidden link

However, if you click on this link, which is normally the default for events:
hidden link

It's actually displaying the events in German, because of the slug you put on your Events Calendar settings:
hidden link

However, it's strange because hidden link is not acting as a redirect of hidden link [...]

I am sorry I can't do more at the moment, [...] I'd suggest reaching out to them to see what they think and what they recommend doing in this case. Additionally, you can mention to them to address this issue since having the same content in two different URLs (without a canonical set), can give you eventually issues with duplicated content with Google. [...]"

August 20, 2019 um 1:19 pm #4423889

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español ) Portugiesisch, Brasilien (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @sebastians-88, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

This bug (translate the slug of the events archive page) is a know issue that our developers are already working to fix it. It is currently in progress.

I will add your ticket to our list of customers waiting for the solution. We will send you an update as soon as the fix is released.

All the best,
Diego

November 25, 2019 um 6:01 pm #5016159

sebastianS-88

Hi Diego, when will you have the fix published?

November 25, 2019 um 7:51 pm #5016673

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español ) Portugiesisch, Brasilien (Português )

Hello @sebastians-88,

I've checked the status of the ticket and it's still on progress. This is taking some time as it depends on fixes in both plugins (WPML and The Events Calendar).

Regards,
Diego

November 28, 2019 um 6:21 pm #5039009

sebastianS-88

Hi Diego,

Thanks for coming back to me.

Also a new bug which might be connected was observed:
Example: in German, you see events associated with locations:
hidden link

In English, the according entries are missing:
hidden link

Second, if I switch from German hidden link to English I get directed to hidden link
If I switch back, I land on hidden link

This means, the slugs are not associated correctly....

November 29, 2019 um 3:31 pm #5044441

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hello Sebastian,

May I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for this new issue? I think we will need to further debug this, but as it's a different issue, it's better to open a new ticket.

Please also mention this ticket on the new one.

Regards,
Diego