Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
July 19, 2022 at 1:36 pm #11693573

aowsD

I am trying to: get the drop-down menu to work on for english/turkish

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the drop-down menu.

Instead, I got: Just the UK flag

July 19, 2022 at 2:25 pm #11694367

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

From what I can see, on other pages like this one (hidden link), it shows fine.

Probably the translation for the pages where the other languages don't show is not published yet.

Can you please check?

Mihai Apetrei

July 19, 2022 at 2:34 pm #11694515

aowsD

Hi Mihai
These pages are translated through WPML. Is there anything we could be missing here? Is there a specific publish button?

July 19, 2022 at 2:39 pm #11694557

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Welcome back and thank you for the feedback.

1. Can you please let me know the list of pages where this is happening?

2. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

I will be waiting for your response.

Mihai

July 20, 2022 at 6:28 pm #11703991

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the credentials.

I can confirm that I was able to log in successfully.

I am spending more time on this and I will get back to you as soon as I have more feedback.

I will leave the ticket assigned to myself for the moment.

Kind regards,
Mihai

July 24, 2022 at 2:17 pm #11726823

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

Can you please check once again?

The dropdown loads for me now on every page even if I'm logged in or logged out.

I think there was an issue related to the server-caching and now it seems that the cache has been fully cleared.

Please let me know if it looks fine on your end, too.

Mihai

July 26, 2022 at 3:07 pm #11743533

aowsD

Hi Mihai

It seems like the page translation was not marked as complete, so the flag didn't show. Is there anything in particular that needs to be done apart from pressing the 'complete' button when translating?

Thanks

July 26, 2022 at 6:25 pm #11744849

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there and welcome back.

Yes, that is correct.

In order for a translation to be saved and published, we need to first make sure that we mark the translation as complete.

Otherwise, it won't be published.

Hope that this clarifies things a bit more 🙂

I'm happy to see that things are working fine now.

Have a lovely rest of the day.

Mihai

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.