Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 19 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by evijaJ 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
June 1, 2023 at 12:10 pm #13753667

evijaJ Site owner

I have the following problem, when I'm trying to change translation I'm receiving the error. After removing job (wpml-translation management -> delete job) it is possible to change translation. And this error occurs very often (during this week it is already 4 times).

June 1, 2023 at 12:57 pm #13753957

evijaJ Site owner

I have done those tests:
1. Disabled all plugins exclude: wpml cms nav, string translation, multilanguage cms.
2. Changed the theme to Storefront.
And the issues still exist.
Log:
thrown in /home/riijalv/staging.riija.lv/wp-includes/Text/Diff/Engine/native.php on line 33
[01-Jun-2023 12:54:45 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: array_walk(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, string given in /home/riijalv/staging.riija.lv/wp-includes/Text/Diff/Engine/native.php:33
Stack trace:
#0 /home/riijalv/staging.riija.lv/wp-includes/Text/Diff/Engine/native.php(33): array_walk()
#1 /home/riijalv/staging.riija.lv/wp-includes/Text/Diff.php(55): Text_Diff_Engine_native->diff()
#2 /home/riijalv/staging.riija.lv/wp-includes/Text/Diff/Renderer/inline.php(169): Text_Diff->__construct()
#3 /home/riijalv/staging.riija.lv/wp-includes/Text/Diff/Renderer.php(170): Text_Diff_Renderer_inline->_changed()
#4 /home/riijalv/staging.riija.lv/wp-includes/Text/Diff/Renderer.php(143): Text_Diff_Renderer->_block()
#5 /home/riijalv/staging.riija.lv/wp-includes/class-wp-text-diff-renderer-table.php(282): Text_Diff_Renderer->render()
#6 /home/riijalv/staging.riija.lv/wp-includes/Text/Diff/Renderer.php(170): WP_Text_Diff_Renderer_Table->_changed()
#7 /home/riijalv/staging.riija.lv/wp-includes/Text/Diff/Renderer.php(143): Text_Diff_Renderer->_block()
#8 /home/riijalv/staging.riija.lv/wp-includes/pluggable.php(2998): Text_Diff_Renderer->render()
#9 /home/riijalv/staging.riija.lv/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/translation-jobs/class-wpml-tm-field-content-action.php(111): wp_text_diff()
#10 /home/riijalv/staging.riija.lv/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/translation-jobs/class-wpml-tm-field-content-action.php(79): WPML_TM_Field_Content_Action->get_diff()
#11 /home/riijalv/staging.riija.lv/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/translation-jobs/class-wpml-tm-field-content-action.php(42): WPML_TM_Field_Content_Action->content_from_elements()
#12 /home/riijalv/staging.riija.lv/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/menu/translation-editor/class-wpml-translation-editor-ui.php(176): WPML_TM_Field_Content_Action->run()
#13 /home/riijalv/staging.riija.lv/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/menu/translation-editor/class-wpml-translation-editor-ui.php(91): WPML_Translation_Editor_UI->output_model()
#14 /home/riijalv/staging.riija.lv/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/menu/translation-queue/class-wpml-translations-queue.php(78): WPML_Translation_Editor_UI->render()
#15 /home/riijalv/staging.riija.lv/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/class-wpml-translation-management.php(388): WPML_Translations_Queue->display()
#16 /home/riijalv/staging.riija.lv/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(308): WPML_Translation_Management->translation_queue_page()
#17 /home/riijalv/staging.riija.lv/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(332): WP_Hook->apply_filters()
#18 /home/riijalv/staging.riija.lv/wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action()
#19 /home/riijalv/staging.riija.lv/wp-admin/admin.php(259): do_action()
#20 {main}
thrown in /home/riijalv/staging.riija.lv/wp-includes/Text/Diff/Engine/native.php on line 33

June 1, 2023 at 2:25 pm #13755397

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Let us know if the issue occurs in the staging site in the minimal setup.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 1, 2023 at 2:33 pm #13755587

evijaJ Site owner

Hi,
The issues still there but I have remove Job and it has gone.
When I removed the job on live site the issues still there.
Thanks

June 5, 2023 at 6:00 am #13767357

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
I hope you're doing well. I will try my best to assist you in this matter.

I checked the entire conversation you had with my colleague Bruno and understood the issue. Would you kindly share the WPML debug info of your site so that I can get a better overview of the site and system?

You can find them in WPML > Support > Debug information. Please check the link below to get a better understanding.

- https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Copy the text you see in the box and paste it into the Private box I'll enable in the next answer. I'll check and let you know an update soon.

Looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

June 5, 2023 at 11:32 am #13770185

evijaJ Site owner

Hi, thanks I'm fine and you?
I have attached error log.

Thank you!

BR,
Aleks

June 6, 2023 at 7:05 am #13775407

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hello Aleks,
I'm fine too. Thanks for asking! 🙂

I checked the debug info and everything seems to be well configured there. As the Fatal error is happening while trying to update the translation of a particular product, a closer inspection will require to understand the root cause.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to have a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” or "All in One WP Migration" on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT
-Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
-If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Looking forward to your response and cooperation in this matter.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

June 8, 2023 at 6:34 am #13790301

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hello Aleks,

Thank you for providing the link to the product where you're experiencing the issue. However, I noticed that in your previous response, you only shared the FTP access information. Could you please also provide the WordPress access credentials? As the issue is happening on the backend, it is necessary to check the issue from your Dashboard. Please also make sure to assign admin privileges as well.

I have enabled the private box for you so that you can securely share the access.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

June 9, 2023 at 7:28 am #13797265

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hi Aleks,

Thanks for sharing the credentials.

I tried to update the translation of that specific product you shared and found the Translation editor appeared properly without any errors. I have also been able to save the translations.

I also would like to inform you that I found 2 products with the same name and among them, one is saved as a private product. No issues were detected while updating the translation of both products.

Kindly check this video for a better understanding- hidden link

As everything was working fine during my inspection, maybe the error you had was temporary. Would you please check by clearing the caches from your site and browser as well?

If the issue persists even after that, then please let me know the specific approach or steps I should take to see the issue on your site. I will investigate further and assist you in resolving the problem.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

June 9, 2023 at 8:22 am #13797573

evijaJ Site owner

Hi Prosenjit,
It's seems to me that i have provided you with wrong link, this product (hidden link) has the error when I'm trying to manage translation via product page (WPML Translation management).
Query monitor plugin returns those errors:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: array_walk(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, string given
in /home/riijalv/staging.riija.lv/wp-includes/Text/Diff/Engine/native.php on line 33

Call stack:

array_walk()
wp-includes/Text/Diff/Engine/native.php:33
Text_Diff_Engine_native::diff()
wp-includes/Text/Diff.php:55
Text_Diff::__construct()
wp-includes/Text/Diff/Renderer/inline.php:169
Text_Diff_Renderer_inline::_changed()
wp-includes/Text/Diff/Renderer.php:170
Text_Diff_Renderer::_block()
wp-includes/Text/Diff/Renderer.php:143
Text_Diff_Renderer::render()
wp-includes/class-wp-text-diff-renderer-table.php:282
WP_Text_Diff_Renderer_Table::_changed()
wp-includes/pluggable.php:2998
wp_text_diff()
wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/translation-jobs/class-wpml-tm-field-content-action.php:111
WPML_TM_Field_Content_Action::get_diff()
wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/translation-jobs/class-wpml-tm-field-content-action.php:79
WPML_TM_Field_Content_Action::content_from_elements()
wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/translation-jobs/class-wpml-tm-field-content-action.php:42
WPML_TM_Field_Content_Action::run()
wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/menu/translation-editor/class-wpml-translation-editor-ui.php:176
WPML_Translation_Editor_UI::output_model()
wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/menu/translation-editor/class-wpml-translation-editor-ui.php:91
WPML_Translation_Editor_UI::render()
wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/menu/translation-queue/class-wpml-translations-queue.php:78
WPML_Translations_Queue::display()
wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/class-wpml-translation-management.php:388
WPML_Translation_Management::translation_queue_page()
wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:308
WP_Hook::apply_filters()
wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:332
WP_Hook::do_action()
wp-includes/plugin.php:517
do_action()
wp-admin/admin.php:259

PHP v8.0v

Best regards,
Aleks

Screenshot 2023-06-09 112147.png
June 12, 2023 at 4:32 am #13806209

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hi Aleks,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you due to the Weekend.

Thanks for sharing the product. I tried to update the translation of that specific product per your instruction and can update the translation successfully, without any errors. Kindly check this video(hidden link) for a better understanding.

As everything was working fine during my inspection, can you please share how should I check to identify the fatal error? If you can capture the steps on a video and share that with us, that will be really helpful. I will check accordingly and try my best to provide a solution.

Please let me know the update. I will be happy to assist you if you need further assistance in this matter.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

June 12, 2023 at 11:35 am #13809291

evijaJ Site owner

Hi Prosenjit,
It very strange, because before to send you the link I have checked it twice.
But for now there is no problems with translation.
I have one question if this problem will occur again what shall I do (except remove job in wpml)?

Best regrads,
Aleks

June 13, 2023 at 6:18 am #13813657

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hello Aleks,

It seems the issue you encountered temporarily happened on your site. But, if the issue reoccurs again, I would recommend clearing the caches on both your site and browser. Additionally, if there is any server-level caching mechanism enabled on your site, it is advisable to clear those caches as well.

But, if the issue persists even after that, then you may need to use the WPML troubleshooter to solve the issue. Please go to "WPML > Support" and click on the "Troubleshooting" link. From the Troubleshooting page, click on the Buttons marked in this screenshot(hidden link). I hope it will help but, make sure to take a backup prior to this.

Feel free o reach us if you need any further assistance. We will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

June 14, 2023 at 2:33 pm #13826359

evijaJ Site owner

Hi,

Ok here is one more product which returns the same error hidden link (SKU AP0020). Translation management I'm doing this way:
1. Going to products
2. Search the product (LINA PRIEKŠAUTS) through Search (language Latvian or LV)
3. Enter into product management backend
4. On the right side there is Translation under this menu I press WPML Translation Editor or gear near to language code.
On than appearing the error.
"There Has Been a Critical Error on Your Website" but no any email.
I have checked this product several times and error always come back.
Also on live website the same error, I have tried to cancel Job, but it does not helped.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: array_walk(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, string given
in /home/riijalv/staging.riija.lv/wp-includes/Text/Diff/Engine/native.php on line 33

Call stack:

array_walk()
wp-includes/Text/Diff/Engine/native.php:33
Text_Diff_Engine_native::diff()
wp-includes/Text/Diff.php:55
Text_Diff::__construct()
wp-includes/Text/Diff/Renderer/inline.php:169
Text_Diff_Renderer_inline::_changed()
wp-includes/class-wp-text-diff-renderer-table.php:282
WP_Text_Diff_Renderer_Table::_changed()
wp-includes/pluggable.php:2998
wp_text_diff()
wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/translation-jobs/class-wpml-tm-field-content-action.php:111
WPML_TM_Field_Content_Action::get_diff()
wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/translation-jobs/class-wpml-tm-field-content-action.php:79
WPML_TM_Field_Content_Action::content_from_elements()
wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/translation-jobs/class-wpml-tm-field-content-action.php:42
WPML_TM_Field_Content_Action::run()
wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/menu/translation-editor/class-wpml-translation-editor-ui.php:176
WPML_Translation_Editor_UI::output_model()
wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/menu/translation-editor/class-wpml-translation-editor-ui.php:91
WPML_Translation_Editor_UI::render()
wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/menu/translation-queue/class-wpml-translations-queue.php:78
WPML_Translations_Queue::display()
wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/class-wpml-translation-management.php:388
WPML_Translation_Management::translation_queue_page()
wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:308
WP_Hook::apply_filters()
wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:332
WP_Hook::do_action()
wp-includes/plugin.php:517
do_action()
wp-admin/admin.php:259

Best regards,
Aleks

June 14, 2023 at 3:51 pm #13826863

evijaJ Site owner

Hi,
hidden link (SKU AP0020) after I have deleted the Job (wpml translation management) on staging website I have got possibility to manage translation. But it did not helped on live website.

Thank you!
Best regards,
Aleks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.