Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: How to not auto-register strings from a plugin? Also, how to delete already indexed strings?

Solution: You can usually search content directly on the String Translation. If you want to remove specific strings from some plugins, you can filter this by the domain.

Then to prevent these strings from being auto indexed again, you can uncheck them in WPML > String Translation > Auto register strings for translation > Edit.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#auto-register-strings-for-translation

Dies ist das technische Support-Forum für WPML – das mehrsprachige WordPress-Plugin.

Mitlesen können alle, doch nur WPML-Kunden können hier Fragen veröffentlichen. Das WPML-Team antwortet im Forum an 6 Tagen pro Woche, 22 Stunden am Tag.

Heute stehen keine Supporter zur Arbeit im German-Forum zur Verfügung. Sie können gern Tickets erstellen, die wir bearbeiten werden, sobald wir online sind. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis.

Schlagwörter: 

This topic contains 1 Antwort, has 2 Teilnehmer.

Last updated by Bruno vor 2 years, 1 month.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Artikel
August 7, 2018 um 7:28 am #2618768

resch-marketing-and-communication-gmbhO

Hi,

we're currently developing a page for a client. That page uses a lot of plugins.
Only 30% of those plugins have strings visible at the frontend and therefore need to be translated.

The client wants to do this by himself.

Unfortunately, in the string translation there are all plugins, themes and whatever listed and it seems to be tricky for the client to figure out which strings to translate (cause again only like 10% of the strings of a plugin are visible in the front end).

We already did the necessary translations with string translation from "en" to "de" for like 5 plugins and about 100 strings (thats all needed! But strings listed are thousands)

What would be the best way to tell my client to handle these translations?

Regards
Stefan

August 7, 2018 um 9:03 pm #2621858

Bruno

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

I would be very happy to help you but I didn't fully understand what is the issue.

You can usually search content directly on the String Translation. If you want to remove specific strings from some plugins, you can filter this by the domain. I'll attach an image for you to see as an example.

Then to prevent these strings from being auto indexed again, you can uncheck them in WPML > String Translation > Auto register strings for translation > Edit. I'll attach an image for you to see as an example.

Our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#auto-register-strings-for-translation

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.