Dies ist das technische Support-Forum für WPML - das mehrsprachige WordPress-Plugin.

Mitlesen können alle, doch nur WPML-Kunden können hier Fragen veröffentlichen. Das WPML-Team beantwortet Anfragen im Forum an 6 Tagen pro Woche, 22 Stunden am Tag.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 4.85 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Schlagwörter: 

This topic contains 8 Antworten, has 2 Teilnehmer.

Last updated by Juergen vor 1 Monat, 3 Wochen.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Autor Beiträge
August 17, 2019 um 8:57 am

Juergen

The media collection in this blog is awkward - not knowing what this media plugin is I installed it some years ago and de-installed it since I do NOT want to translate images. Main language is english.

However, in some posts, and increasingly often WordPress does not show all images when I want to insert one in a german post, but only view. Also, in existing german posts it declares, that images cannot be found although they are existing.

How do I get rid of the crazy functions and uninstall any media translation?

August 19, 2019 um 12:10 pm #4415797

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español ) Portugiesisch, Brasilien (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @juergen, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

WPML needs the Media Translation plugin to translate media. From what I could see, your website does not have this plugin active. So I believe that some configuration error is occurring.

Could you send me more details about the problem? Maybe the link of the pages with the issue and some screenshots.

All the best,
Diego

August 19, 2019 um 6:25 pm #4418281

Juergen

Thanks Diego,

for your quick reply. I would love to send you screenshots, albeit at the moment I cannot recall on which page I had the problem. I will come back as soon as I can locate the issue again.

Best regards, Jürgen

August 20, 2019 um 1:28 pm #4423935

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español ) Portugiesisch, Brasilien (Português )

Hello Jürgen,

No problem. Please send us the link and a screenshot if you see the issue again.

Kind regards,
Diego

August 23, 2019 um 8:45 am #4445407

Juergen

Hi Diego,

now I was able to generate some screenshots. I added a new post and tried to include a picture in the english version and the german version of the post. On the german version there were missing many images, although the latest ones are there. That is probably why I did not notice.

Possible this is linked to the other thread I opened and you are also working on "German image attachments no...".

August 23, 2019 um 1:53 pm #4447869

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

Please try the following:
- Go to WPML > Settings > Post Type Translation
- Check if the "Media (attachment)" is set as "Translatable - only show translated items" (it should be, if not, please eupdate this setting)
- Scroll down to "Media Translation"
- Check all fields and click on "Apply" (see screenshot)
- Click on "Scan" to scan and fix the existing media

Please let me know if it works for you.

Kind regards,
Diego

August 23, 2019 um 7:57 pm #4449651

Juergen

Hi Diego, I did as you proposed, and I am confused.

It now works for the Post Palettemade.

It does not for hidden link
Neither with the link in the picture, nor when I refresh it to attachment. It does work though, if I put in the URL of the English attachment.

I understand that I duplicated all media now. Right?

Thanks, Jürgen

August 26, 2019 um 5:41 pm #4460615

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hallo Juergen,

It's the same issue of this other ticket, correct? https://wpml.org/de/forums/topic/german-image-attachments-not-found/

Please let me know if the solution works for you.

Kind regards,
Diego

August 27, 2019 um 8:51 am #4463953

Juergen

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!