Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
June 8, 2022 at 9:09 pm #11418291

nicteC

I recently spoke to Lauren about being able to translate using Thrive Themes and WPML. She sent me helpful links to where I can manually translate the pages without losing the design from Thrive Themes. However, when I first started the process, I had already selected the automatic translation so it created the sub-pages for me. So now I can't edit as it's intended. I was able to cancel some of the page translations, however, there are some that I can't undo and it won't let me follow the correct instructions for using it with Thrive Themes. I'm uploading the images of what I'm seeing. I can't cancel these. I did try to move one page to the trash to see if it would work, but it didn't do anything. I didn't empty the trash.

Thank you in advance!

Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 2.07.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 2.07.15 PM.png
June 8, 2022 at 9:13 pm #11418341

nicteC

I was also trying to use the chat to talk to support but now I can't seem to find it?

June 9, 2022 at 7:00 am #11420555

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Please cancel these jobs at WPML > Translation Management > Jobs by clicking on the red "x" on the right side.

After that, you should also make sure that the WPML Translation Editor is disabled on your original pages.

You will find the setting inside the right sidebar of the WordPress Editor for any original content. When switching off the Translation Editor a dialog will allow to switch it off for the current content, all contents of the same type, or all site content.

For more details about manual translation with WPML please read this:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

Best regards
Andreas

June 9, 2022 at 8:39 pm #11428019

nicteC

Hello Andreas. Unfortunately, I can't see any red x on the right side. It doesn't seem so user-friendly trying to cancel this. I couldn't find a help video or anything to guide me through this. Here is a video that shows what I'm seeing: hidden link

June 10, 2022 at 1:36 am #11428755

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I see, in your website is missing the "Jobs" tab inside Translation Management.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better for a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “All In One WP Migration” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

The steps are also shown in this video: hidden link

Best regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Issue removing translated pages to use Thrive Themes’ is closed to new replies.