Dies ist das technische Support-Forum für WPML - das mehrsprachige WordPress-Plugin.

Mitlesen können alle, doch nur WPML-Kunden können hier Fragen veröffentlichen. Das WPML-Team beantwortet Anfragen im Forum an 6 Tagen pro Woche, 22 Stunden am Tag.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: As soon as I install WPML Plugin the website main menu is gone from the Backend. The edit page for the menu is just empty.

Solution: You can reset WPML plugin by following below steps:

=== Please backup your database and website ===

- Please go to WPML >> Support >> Troubleshooting (the link is at the bottom of the support page). >> There, click on “Reset and deactivate WPML” >> then Delete the plugin.

After deleting all data and WPML related plugins then please install WPML plugins again and I hope now you will not face any issue.

OR

- Please go to *_options database table and delete the ‘icl_sitepress_settings’ entry. This cause WPML to start over with the setup and add the missing tables.

Schlagwörter: 

This topic contains 2 Antworten, has 2 Teilnehmer.

Last updated by louisS-5 vor 11 Monate, 1 Woche.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Autor Beiträge
Februar 18, 2019 um 10:24 am #3211081

louisS-5

Hello, I have a test site to test WPML before I install it on the real site. It runs local in a XAMPP environment.
Its main language is German, it has Woocommerce onboard and uses the Vantage theme.

As soon as I install WPML Plugin the website main menu is gone from the Backend. The edit page for the menu is just empty. Nothing to see there.
The site itself shows the menu, but I cannot edit anything in it after installation.
If I deactivate the plugin, this situation remains! So installation of WPML is enough to remove the menu from the backend.

This prevents me from using WPML at all, so we need to find a solution.

What can I do?

BTW: I found a lot of database tables wp_icl xxx after deleting the plugin from the system. Not very nice.. But also deleting all these tables did not get my menu back into the backend. It seems that installing and activating does already change the system enough to damage the menu.

Februar 18, 2019 um 4:46 pm #3213382

Noman
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. You can reset WPML plugin by following below steps:

=== Please backup your database and website ===

- Please go to WPML >> Support >> Troubleshooting (the link is at the bottom of the support page). >> There, click on “Reset and deactivate WPML” >> then Delete the plugin.

After deleting all data and WPML related plugins then please install WPML plugins again and I hope now you will not face any issue.

OR

- Please go to *_options database table and delete the ‘icl_sitepress_settings’ entry. This caused WPML to start over with set up and add the missing tables.

- If still issue persists after installing WPML plugin again, Please enable error reporting in you site as I need to see the detail of the error log. You can see how to enable debug logging here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/
https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

To enable it, open your ‘wp-config.php’ file and look for ‘define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);’. Change it to:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );

- After adding above code then please visit frontend/backend of your site, this will create debug.log file in your site's wp-content directory. Please send me its contents.

Thank you

Februar 19, 2019 um 11:20 am #3216304

louisS-5

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!