Dies ist das technische Support-Forum für WPML - das mehrsprachige WordPress-Plugin.

Mitlesen können alle, doch nur WPML-Kunden können hier Fragen veröffentlichen. Das WPML-Team beantwortet Anfragen im Forum an 6 Tagen pro Woche, 22 Stunden am Tag.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 4.64 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I can't add items (pages/post/products) to the menu in the secondary languages. I can't select any element. Solution: Make sure you have some pages or some post already translated to the second language. Otherwise, no items will be displayed. Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

Schlagwörter: 

This topic contains 3 Antworten, has 2 Teilnehmer.

Last updated by svenK-20 vor 5 Monate, 3 Wochen.

Assigned support staff: Oscar Miras.

Autor Beiträge
Mai 3, 2019 um 9:48 am #3732723

svenK-20

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I want to create a new menu for English language. I am not able to select any menu item. It does not show any available pages to choose from.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

I have not found any.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

No, since I have just started with WPML.

What is the link to your site?

demo.auxalia.com

Mai 3, 2019 um 10:59 am #3733455

Oscar Miras

Hi,

Welcome to the WPML support team!

I'll assume that your default language is Dutch whereas your second language is English.

To translate menus, first, you have to create it in the default language as you usually would do in WordPress and then translate it to all secondary languages.

To translate Menús, please, follow this documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

The link contains a very well-explained video but in case you need further assistance, do not hesitate to contact me again, I'll be glad to help.

All the best,
Óscar.

Mai 3, 2019 um 11:32 am #3733837

svenK-20

Hi,

I have German as default language and created an English language just like in the video. But I cannot choose any items on the left side. There are no pages or posts avaiable to choose from. They only appear, if i switch to German.

Thanks!

Mai 3, 2019 um 12:33 pm #3734199

svenK-20

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!