Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
September 18, 2023 at 10:05 am #14410889

trazadaM

I cannnot updet the plugins in my wordpress site. It seems a communication problem with the server. How can I solve this?

September 18, 2023 at 5:22 pm #14414539

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

Can you please try again now and let me know if this issue is still happening for you?

If it is still happening, can you please share a screenshot or what is the error message that you are seeing?

Thank you!

I'm looking forward to your response.

Mihai Apetrei

September 19, 2023 at 8:34 am #14417259

trazadaM

Hello! I have tried to update the plugins again and I still found the same issue, as you can see on the screenshot.

Thanks for you help.

JM

wpml plugins.png
September 19, 2023 at 8:58 am #14417529

trazadaM

In WPML > Support I can see the issue description on the screenshot. Here the translation:
WPML plugin cannot connect to wpml.org
WPML needs to connect to your server to check for new releases and security updates. Something present in the network or security configuration is preventing this. Please authorise outgoing communication with wpml.org to remove this warning.

Need help?

See the communication error details and report it to WPML support.

wpml plugins 2.png
September 21, 2023 at 12:37 pm #14439089

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

Issues like this can sometimes take place for multiple reasons (sometimes they are even server-related).

I recommend that you first create a full website backup and then remove the plugins completely (deactivate and delete) > then manually download the latest versions from here (https://wpml.org/account/downloads/ - select "Download WPML manually" button) > download the 3 plugins > then install and activate the plugin. You can go to Plugins > Add new > Upload > and upload each zip one by one, where you install and activate each of the three plugins' latest version.

This way (by going with a manual update), we might get over this error.

Please let me know how things go.

Mihai Apetrei

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.