Dies ist das technische Support-Forum für WPML - das mehrsprachige WordPress-Plugin.

Mitlesen können alle, doch nur WPML-Kunden können hier Fragen veröffentlichen. Das WPML-Team beantwortet Anfragen im Forum an 6 Tagen pro Woche, 22 Stunden am Tag.

Schlagwörter: 

This topic contains 5 Antworten, has 2 Teilnehmer.

Last updated by Andreas W. vor 2 Monate.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Autor Beiträge
August 8, 2019 um 12:10 pm #4362707

alexanderP-51

Hi,
I've recently purchased and installed WPML on a staging site. But it has terribly slowed down the site - e.g. the first response from the server for the page staging.8greenbottles.de/wein takes 7-9 seconds whereas without WPML it needs only 1,2 seconds (hidden link). Also the WP Rest Api requests need now at least 3 times longer to be processed. I've tried already all the options suggested here: https://wpml.org/faq/prevent-performance-issues-with-wpml. But without any improvement.

We are using WP Rocket. But there is no cache preloading available for logged in users. So for them the experience would be awful with WPML as it is now on the staging server. Is there anything else which can help to improve the performance drastically? (WP rest Api response bellow 1 second and the referenced page 2-3 seconds)

Greetings
Alex

August 8, 2019 um 5:20 pm #4365001

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español ) Deutsch (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

This can be related to many variables, such as server type (shared, VPS, dedicated), CPU, memory, PHP version, theme, active plugins, etc. Usually it is not directly related to WPML.

Here is some tips on how you can improve some points:

Check if your server meet the minimum WPML/WordPress requirements
WPML: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
WordPress: https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

Please take a look at this article to see how to optimize your website with WPML: https://wpml.org/2012/01/can-your-site-run-faster/

Please go to WPML >; Support > Troubleshooting and click on "Recreate ST DB Cache tables", after that visit the pages of the website a few times to recreate the cache tables.

Please check auto-registered domains in WPML > String Translation and make sure that all domains are included.

Also, disable the following settings:

Adjust IDs for multilingual functionality (WPML > Languages)
Track where strings appear (WPML> String translation)

In case you will still experience a unexpected page generation time and warnings in regards to duplicated or slow querries that are based on WPML Plugins, we would kindly like to ask you to provide a new Duplicator package.

The package we received seems to seperate the site content and the database and we can not migrate the site in this manner.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Duplicator is free of use for backups up to 500MB and the package includes any content, themes, plugins and the database. As your site seems to exceed this limit there is a workaround.

In the first step of the Duplicator package creation process you are able to set filters for folders that will be excluded from the package building process.

You can simply add the filters for cache and uploads and it should bring your backup package to a minimal size.

More information here:
hidden link

In case of any issues please let me know. I can offer to create a package with Duplicator PRO in case you provide access to the site.

I have enabled the private box for your next reply. Please also add here a list of your plugins and theme for our developers who will revise your site and apply fixes into the upcoming version of CMS Multilingual 4.2.8.

Kind regards
Andreas

August 11, 2019 um 2:02 am #4376075

alexanderP-51

Thank you, I will come back to your answer within next days. I am currently involved in another project.

August 13, 2019 um 11:16 pm #4391075

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the notification.

Make sure to check the suggestion in my email and apply the necessary changes. If your site still will have some performance issues please feel free to reach out again and I will escalate it to our developers.

Kind regards
Andreas

August 20, 2019 um 12:22 am #4419549

alexanderP-51

Ok, thanks. I'm still too busy with some other stuff, but will definitely go through your suggestion and come back here.

Greetings
Alex

August 20, 2019 um 12:55 am #4419559

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

No problem, waiting to hear for you back. Take note that the ticket will close automatically after 14 days of inactivity.

In case there is a significant page generation time based on slow or duplicated WPML queries it would be great to obtain a Duplicator package of your site, as our developers are currenty working on major performance inprovements.

Kind regards
Andreas

Das Thema „[Geschlossen] Product collection load time 8-10 times slower, Rest Api response 3 times slower“ ist für neue Antworten geschlossen.