Dies ist das technische Support-Forum für WPML - das mehrsprachige WordPress-Plugin.

Mitlesen können alle, doch nur WPML-Kunden können hier Fragen veröffentlichen. Das WPML-Team beantwortet Anfragen im Forum an 6 Tagen pro Woche, 22 Stunden am Tag.

Schlagwörter: 

This topic contains 12 Antworten, has 2 Teilnehmer.

Last updated by Yvette vor 5 Monate, 1 Woche.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Artikel
April 25, 2019 um 1:02 pm

mirkoH-2

Dear development team,

since we're dealing with a kind of new/ongoing problem here is the new status (follow up to https://wpml.org/forums/topic/sensei-lms-issue-with-wpml/).

I updated to the latest versions of WordPress, WPML, Sensei and all the rest.

Problem 1:
Looking into the "Questions" menu, all questions (except the manually assigned questions) are assigned to the english language.

If you look at any question you will see, that the question is still connected to the correct quiz (see "Quizzes" metabox on bottom right), although the quiz is from another language.

So basically the connection between question (in wrong language) and quiz (correct language) exists.

Now we need a way to "automatically" assign all questions back to their correct language and make the platform work again.

Problem 2:
If you open e.g. an italian lesson and want to assign a italian question (which should be possible, because I manually assigned two questions to italian), but the "Quiz Questions" metabox has no function and doesn't detect, that there are questions for that language.

##################

Maybe your team can have a look at the latest instance of the website and check, what is wrong with WPML and Sensei and how we can solve the problem.

To give you access via sftp, we would need your public key, so we could allow you to connect to it, is it possible that you give it to us?

Thanks for the great support!

April 25, 2019 um 2:37 pm #3683555

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

This seems to all be related to the fact that the taxonomy "Question Type" was not set to "Translate" and therefore not translated.

This then clumped all questions into the language space of "English".

The taxonomy language assignment is vital for any kind of "listing".

I´ve set the taxonomy "Question Type" to translate now, translated it and also reassigned the 2 questions you have in Italian to the correct language term.

Now, you will see that the quesitons are visible when editing lessons in IT.

So, I have to ask how this instance was created?
The fact that the Questions are all having the language tag of "English" suggests to me that the configuration of WPML was incorrect and resulted in everytinng clumped into one language space (as described above with taxonomies)

There is not a really simple/automatic fix for this. If you have a backup of the site that HAS the language assignments correct, we might be able to import the entries provided that the id´s in the backup database are the same as the current instance you are working on.

So, it is important that I understand how the instance was created.
I wait for your response.

April 26, 2019 um 7:20 am #3688337

mirkoH-2

The client send me the latest file backup of the WordPress instance (not updated version) and all available database backups. I tested a few backups, but everything the same happens:

1. I import the dump from a backup.
2. Go to the backend and open "questions" menu. On this page, I don't see any language filters on top (which are normally added by wpml to a post type). In this step, all 1600 questions are just questions (no language separation). Maybe this is due to the taxonomy not beeing marked as translatable.
3. If you now click on the WPML menu in the backend and then go back to the "questions" page, it seems that the questions type is automatically set to be translatable.

If you look in the SQL dump, the table "wp_icl_translations" does not contain any entry of the "element_type" "post_question". After doing step 3 from above, the database contains all 1600 entries with the element_type "post_question".

The website itself with alle the media is huge (8GB), if you need it, I can provide the download link, also of all mysql dumps. Can I send this link in private?

Unfortunately I don't know exactly, which file is correct. There are some backups (e.g. db_3731299_85.20190409) which have the post_questions in the icl_translations table, but also there, everything seems to be assigned to "en". Maybe you can see faster, which files have the correct structure.

April 26, 2019 um 8:52 am #3688975

Yvette
Supporter

Hmm.

Is this the same client from the original ticket?

In order to re-assign the correct language tags to the post-type "post_question", we would need to thave that information from the backup icl_trnaslations table.

When you import - what tool are you using?
Are you using a plugin? Are you importing the table directly through the backend?

If you are using some kind of plugin, this will not recognise language assignements. We do have a bridge plugin for WP All Import...but even this process requires that you upload post-types by language "batch"

April 26, 2019 um 12:53 pm #3690853

mirkoH-2

No, I directly import the database via adminer or SSH (no plugin or something else with wordpress). And the file backup is not made with a plugin, it's a complete copy of the wordpress files.

Are these tickets automatically private/protected so I can share a link to all files and database backups?

April 26, 2019 um 1:15 pm #3690905

mirkoH-2

Oh and yes, it's the same client from the other ticket. Same website but the access is for our test server, but its a 1:1 copy.

April 29, 2019 um 8:35 am #3701149

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

Unfortunately, if you have no backup of the database table, the post:taxonomy relationship will need to be reestablished manually.

This would involve establishing a list of questions by post-type id with their assigned language term.

Then the relationship can be established in the database table " wp_term_relationships"

April 29, 2019 um 10:59 am #3702381

mirkoH-2

Thank you for your reply.

Database backups are available and we can provide them via a download for your examination as mentioned above.
I have checked them and the data in wp_icl_translations seems to be intact.
We would rather not share this data via this public forum though, is there a way we can share the link privately?

April 29, 2019 um 1:21 pm #3703725

Yvette
Supporter

Of course,

I am opening the private are below.

If the database is very big, then please use a file transfer service to send it. Otherwise, the tables that would be helpful are the following and you can send a zip of these tables only:

wp_term_relationships
icl_translations
wp_posts (where post-type is "questions")

With these, I can probably determine how much of your connections can be re-established by importing entries.

Mai 2, 2019 um 8:05 am
Mai 2, 2019 um 9:27 am #3723257

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

Wow - there are a lot of archives. Would it be possible to just give me the tables I asked for? I´ll see about importing these dumps into my local server in the meantime but I really just need the tables I mentioned before.

Mai 3, 2019 um 1:59 pm #3734933

mirkoH-2

Unfortunately the option to send an attachment privately has now disappeared again, can you please re-enable it once more? Then I will be able to provide you with another SQL Dump of just the latest data set with just the tables you requested.

Mai 6, 2019 um 9:14 am #3746205

Yvette
Supporter

Here you go. I´ve opened the private area again.

Mai 6, 2019 um 9:51 am
Mai 6, 2019 um 1:24 pm #3748931

Yvette
Supporter

Unfortunately, these tables show what you described earlier:
All questions (more than 1000) are all in system with a default language assignment.

Unless you have a copy of these tables in a backup where the tables contain the *correct *language assignments, it seems you would be stuck reassigning the correct language to each question post-type.

=(

Das Thema ‘[Geschlossen] Questions not assigned to correct language, but still connected to quiz’ ist für neue Antworten geschlossen.