Dies ist das technische Support-Forum für WPML - das mehrsprachige WordPress-Plugin.

Mitlesen können alle, doch nur WPML-Kunden können hier Fragen veröffentlichen. Das WPML-Team beantwortet Anfragen im Forum an 6 Tagen pro Woche, 22 Stunden am Tag.

This topic contains 5 Antworten, has 2 Teilnehmer.

Last updated by danielF-60 vor 1 Monat, 1 Woche.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Artikel
September 3, 2019 um 2:59 pm #4505627

danielF-60

The website with bbpress plugin is translated with wpml. The forum is only in German. On the french version of the website the user can use google translator to show the posts in their own language. when a french speaking participant writes a reply on the french version of the website, he can see the reply in the forum. In the German version of the website, the reply is not shown.
How this issue can be fixed?

The customer doesn't want a separate forum in each language, therefore it exist a main language (German) which can be translated into any language. But the replies from the users which do not speak German should also be shown in the forum!

September 3, 2019 um 4:51 pm #4506435

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español ) Deutsch (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

The plugin Google Website Translator is not yet in our compatiblity list:

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/?wpv_view_count=119945&dev=0&wpv-plugin-functionality=0&wpv_post_search=Google&wpv_filter_submit=Search

Further, I can not imagine how WPML should handle the Google automatic translation of site elements if the same page only exist in one language and the Google Wesbite Translation Plugin uses Google’s automatic translation service to actually translates on the fly (cache), without storing the string inside of the database.

Anyhow, we do have a possiblity do translate BBPress post types without setting up a forum for each language. You will need to download our glue plugin, apply the settings for each custom field and translate.

More information here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/how-to-use-bbpress-on-multilingual-sites-with-wpml/#translating-everything

I hope this will solve the issue. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

September 4, 2019 um 5:58 am #4508423

danielF-60

I'm not sure if you understood me correctly. There is only 1 forum for both languages. Now, the French visitors only see their replies etc. on the french version of the website but they see also the German ones.
On the other side, the german visitors only see the German replies etc. ---> but they don't see the French ones... how can the French ones also be seen on the German website?

September 4, 2019 um 4:19 pm #4512847

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

September 6, 2019 um 3:34 am #4523177

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I would like to clarify if you are refering to the post type "Antworten"?

If so, this post type has in the WPML Settings at the moment the setting "Übersetzbar - Übersetzung nutzen, sofern verfügbar, oder auf Standardsprache zurückgreifen".

This means, that on translated pages all "answers" will be displayed, and those which are not yet translated will be shown in default language (german).

Could you please test to achieve your goal by setting the post type to "not translate"?

You will find this setting at WPML -> Einstellungen -> Beitragstypen-Übersetzung -> Antworten (reply).

In this case all replies should be displayed on all pages.

Let me know if this solved the issue.

Kind regards
Andreas

September 6, 2019 um 5:53 am #4523397

danielF-60

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!