Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by xpand-solutionsX 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 11, 2022 at 2:34 pm #11200647

xpand-solutionsX

Hi,

I'm trying to create PT translations for a specific plugin the "GDPR Cookie Consent".
I'm following their Guide "hidden link" but unfortunately String translations don't show up.

If i this option is enabled "Look for strings while pages are rendered" they do show up.

The site is hidden link, since this is a DEV site access is restricted in case you need access please tell me your public IP or network, if that is not possible i can also temporary remove restrictions.

Thanks.

Screenshot 2022-05-11 152911.png
May 11, 2022 at 2:42 pm #11200691

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi there.

Those strings look like they are admin-text strings type.

Please try this:

1. Create a full website backup
2. Find the strings and export them as WPML configuration code like it is mentioned in step 4 here: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/#strings-arent-selected-for-translation

After you add the code inside WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration, disable the "Look for strings while pages are rendered" option that you enabled from the WPML > String Translation page, and see if the strings still show up correctly.

Please let me know how that goes.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 16, 2022 at 10:37 am #11228593

xpand-solutionsX

Hi Mihai,

Thank you for the quick response.

Didn't notice that the email i received was not monitored and i replied ....

The strings in question show up “Registered and locked”

wpml.png
May 17, 2022 at 7:41 pm #11241345

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there and welcome back.

Thank you for the update. No worries about the delayed response.

1. I have noticed that your website’s WP Memory Limit is 40MB. The WP memory limit needs to be increased as the minimum requirement for WPML is 128Mb WP Memory Limit: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

❌ Very important: please make a backup of your site (files & database) before following any of the upcoming steps ❌

Please add this to your wp-config.php file to increase WP memory:

/* WP Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Paste it just before:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

These settings can be limited directly by your hosting provider, so, if that’s the case, I recommend you to contact and ask them to modify them directly. If you can get even higher values It would be great.

Please make sure you have updated the values successfully, You can verify them from WPML >> Support page.

2. Make sure that the theme you are using and all the plugins are using the latest versions. If not, please update them to the last version, only after you create a full website backup.

3. Please increase MaxInputVars to 50000 or more (you have them set at 1000 at the moment). For this, please try to set these variables in your php.ini:

max_input_vars = 50000;
suhosin.post.max_vars = 50000;
suhosin.request.max_vars = 50000;

You may need to contact your hosting provider to set them up.

Please make sure you have updated the values successfully, You can verify them from WPML >> Support page.

Please let me know if the issue is fixed after following these steps.

I will be waiting for your response.

Mihai

May 18, 2022 at 3:57 pm #11249225

xpand-solutionsX

Hi Mihai,

Raised the Memory and also PHP vars.
Confirmed on WPML >> Support Page that values changed accordingly, but problem remains.

I also disabled all addons and just left 3 :

WPML String Translation
WPML Multilingual CMS
GDPR Cookie Consent

Also without sucess.

May 19, 2022 at 2:42 pm #11258233

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the update.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 20, 2022 at 9:09 am #11263917

xpand-solutionsX

Hi Mihai,

Just added your IP to the FW and WP Backoffice.

Thx

May 20, 2022 at 10:31 am #11264677

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

Thank you.

1. From what I can see here (hidden link), the plugin versions are very outdated.

Please create a full website backup first and then go on that URL and update everything to the latest version.

2. Also, I recommend that you upgrade to PHP 7.3 (attaching screenshot).

Please let me know if the issue is still happening after you implement the things I mentioned above.

Thank you.

Mihai

Screenshot 2022-05-20 at 13.28.41.png
May 20, 2022 at 2:00 pm #11267111

xpand-solutionsX

Hi Mihai,

I disable all plugins except WPML and GDPR Cookie Consent, but the problem remained.

I will upgrade PHP and try again.

May 20, 2022 at 3:28 pm #11267787

xpand-solutionsX

Just upgraded to PHP 7.4 and also PHP Core to 5.9.3 and the banner translated 🙂

Only the text in the attached imaged is not translating, where is the place to translate that?

You see this when you manage consent.

Screenshot 2022-05-20 162600.png
May 20, 2022 at 6:04 pm #11268573

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there and welcome back.

I am super happy that progress is being made. However:

1. There are 36 updates that need to be installed on this site (hidden link) so before we can continue with this ticket, we need to make sure that those are fully updated. Even our plugins are outdated.

2. From what I can see, if I try to look for this exact plugin online ("GDPR Cookie Consent"), it seems that it doesn't exist on it's own anymore and it seems that it is also not registered on your site, which makes me belive that you are probably using an older version of it, too, that is probably not supported by WPML and by the developers of the plugin.

Even if I go here (hidden link) and click the "show details" for the "GDPR Cookie Consent" plugin, it won't load them. Probably this plugin was at one moment on the WordPress public repository and now it seems that it moved to be a premium plugin that is privately stored on the developer's website and that you can download and use only with a license (you can click "Get plugin now" on the following link and you will see that it is a paid plugin - hidden link).

3. I can also see that you are using the "Loco Translate" together with WPML. It is not recommended that you use 2 multilingual plugins at the same time as multiple errors can occur. You would have to stick with only one of them.

Please let me know once everything is fully updated and once the "GDPR Cookie Consent" is fully registered and updated to the latest version, so that I can take a closer look and continue the debugging process.

My guess is that, after doing all the updates, things might start working out of a sudden or without much effort.

The sentence that still needs to be translated doesn't show up anywhere for now so after everything is updated, maybe we will be able to find it.

Mihai

May 23, 2022 at 2:26 pm #11281751

xpand-solutionsX

Hi Mihai,

Just updated almost all plugins only 3 or 4 missing.
Re-registerd GPDR Consent plugin. The "show details" fails to all plugins i suspect it should be related to the website firewall, that only allow a small whitelist.

Also found where to change the missing translations so all is working now.
Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.