Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
July 17, 2022 at 10:11 pm #11681637

kaimM

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Hi I will uninstall the plugin, there is already a clear documentation on how to do it correctly, so thanks for that!

Maybe a stupid question;

But the thing is: i want to keep the /nl/ url structure (the /de/ will be deleted thatโ€™s ok). Is there a way on how to keep it? Thanks

For example

I want to keep:

sitelink.com/nl/category

But if I delete wpml it will be : sitelink.com/category

But I want to keep the /nl/

July 19, 2022 at 2:45 pm #11694581

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi there.

If the "/nl" was added through WPML, there's no way to keep it if you uninstall WPML.

If you however migrate the whole website to this directory "/nl" (create a directory on your hosting called "nl", right in the folder that's connected to your domain), then WordPress itself will be installed in the "nl" directory and in that way, you could keep the same format.

For migrating your site, my recommendation is to use the following plugin or a similar one:
- https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Documentation can be found here: hidden link

Here is a small tutorial on how to use Duplicator:
hidden link

I would personally prefer to just show the domain without anything coming after but if that's what you want, that's how you can do it. However, this falls out of the purpose of our Support Policy and is not necessarily related to WPML ๐Ÿ™‚

I hope that you will find all this information helpful!

Good luck with the website.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.