Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
July 8, 2020 at 11:44 am #6547675

stuartM-7

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Using string translation to translate content on a Gravity Form. Translated the field.
Form = gravity_form-9
Name = textarea-4-placeholder
String = Enquiry details

I've updated the string for the other languages i.e. Spanish, but when I visit the page, the content is not translated?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
None

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
enerconinddev2.wpengine.com

July 8, 2020 at 11:54 am #6547803

stuartM-7

Where should I provide login details for my site?

July 9, 2020 at 8:23 am #6555051

stuartM-7

Thanks. I've investigated further and I think this issue might have been that a different form was being presented. I do have a followup issue. Using the string translation still.

See attached screen grab. The String Translation Screen indicates a partial translation, but when you then go to check/edit, the content is all there, but 3 languages are NOT ticked. Do we have to go in to each of these and confirm that the translation is correct and check the boxes for each language?

image001.png
July 10, 2020 at 6:13 am #6565339

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

sorry for waiting, we have a higher queue these days.

Using string translation to translate Gravity form content is not recommended way, only time when using string translation is necessary is when translating Gravity Forms conditional fields. You should go to WPML → Translation Managemen, send form for translation, and translate it using Translation editor.

Can you please update to latest necessary plugins and follow steps to translate gravity form as described in our documentation:

- https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/gravity-forms-multilingual/

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks and regards,
Drazen

July 17, 2020 at 6:57 am #6618161

stuartM-7

Thanks for coming back to me. I originally used WPML → Translation Management, send form for translation, and translate it using Translation editor, but i found that if I translated a word for 1 form it would not automatically translate the same word on another form?

July 17, 2020 at 12:27 pm #6621231

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

yes, that is expected since you are translating content of that form. Imagine it as a page, you need to translate each page (form) separately, you can not just translate 1 word on one page and it changes on other pages automatically.

To help out with this, if you enter the translation for some specific word it will be saved in ATE memory, so when you go to translate the next form and same word appears ATE will suggest you use that transition, you just need to confirm it.

Please check: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/

What you talking about is possible with String translation and plugin hardcoded files/strings. For example, when some string is loaded from plugin files, and on all of the websites, it is loaded from the same plugin file (same string) the translation of crouse would be showing on all pages also. An example is read more, log-in, checkout, and similar plugins strings.

More info:https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/

But when it comes to content and Gravity Forms you need to follow our documentation and translate each form following steps mentioned there.

Let me know how it goes and if you still need my help.

Regards,
Drazen

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.