Skip Navigation

Dies ist das technische Support-Forum für WPML – das mehrsprachige WordPress-Plugin.

Mitlesen können alle, doch nur WPML-Kunden können hier Fragen veröffentlichen. Das WPML-Team antwortet im Forum an 6 Tagen pro Woche, 22 Stunden am Tag.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.67 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 19 Antworten, has 4 Teilnehmer.

Last updated by Sumit Vor 7 Monate, 1 Woche.

Assigned support staff: Sumit.

Author Artikel
Dezember 31, 2021 um 10:47 am #10268505

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Deutsch (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Können Sie mir sagen, ob es in Ordnung ist, auf Englisch zu kommunizieren, da wir in diesem Fall unseren 2nd Tier Support in diesen Thread einladen können?

Dezember 31, 2021 um 10:58 am #10268515

danielK-111

Ja das ist kein Problem.

MfG

Dezember 31, 2021 um 12:35 pm #10268763

Sumit
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

I am Sumit from 2nd tier support.

I have taken a detailed look at your staging website. In the last message, we shared what we did on your staging website to improve the site performance. So the steps we mentioned were already performed on your website and shared with you just to let you know.

After making the changes this is what I noticed on product link /ffxiv/buy-gil/

Without WPML
DOM content loading time 5.15 seconds

With WPML + and all add-ons
DOMContentLoaded: 7.83 seconds. Clearly, the problem is WCML.

After following these steps the new DOM content load time is 6.01 seconds

Attaching the screenshot for the same.

Please note we can not improve overall site performance we are just minimizing the resources taken by WPML no matter what is the overall site loading time.
Now the total difference with and without WPML is 16% which is expected. It is not possible for WPML or any plugin to do not take any resource, a single line of code takes time to execute so our goal is to minimize the time taken by a piece of code but this can not be zero.

If you still think there is slowness due to WPML then please let me know the page link or steps you followed to do some action. Also, it would be great if you can share the screenshot of tool you are using to measure performance with and without WPML.

Thank you!

without WPML.png
With WPML after making above changes.png
Januar 3, 2022 um 9:47 am #10275675

danielK-111

Hello,

on my Stage I feel a clear difference when I disable WPML.

With WPML:
new-world/buy-gold-coins/
6,2 seconds

Without WPML:
new-world/buy-gold-coins/
1,11 seconds

I'm using the Plugin Query Monitor.
So there is a clear difference without WPML. So much more than the mentioned 16%.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Januar 3, 2022 um 3:04 pm #10278505

Sumit
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

The page is slowed by "WooCommerce TM Extra Product Options" plugin.

You are seeing this huge difference because when WPML is deactivated the product new-world/buy-gold-coins/ is not loading Extra product option content this could be due to a translated product and translated content may not be loaded without WPML. (Please see the screenshot the product content is blank without WPML)
The original product is /de/new-world/gold-taler-kaufen/

We do not use query monitor to monitor the load time as query monitor uses "SAVEQUERIES" https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/#savequeries which adds the extra load to the server so this is not accurate time. Please use the Chrome Developers Tools Network tab to see the load time, especially the DOM content load time. hidden link

Now, I made other tests and these are the results:-

Without WPML on /new-world/gold-taler-kaufen/ 6.20 seconds (vary by 1 or 2 seconds on each test)
With WPML on /de/new-world/gold-taler-kaufen/ 9.06 seconds (vary by 1 or 2 seconds on each test)

This is expected considering WPML + String Translation + WooCommerce Multilingual + WPML SEO these four plugins are disabled at once when you disable WPML.

Hope it helps!

without WPML.png
with_WPML.png
wihout_WPML_English_product.png