Dies ist das technische Support-Forum für WPML - das mehrsprachige WordPress-Plugin.

Mitlesen können alle, doch nur WPML-Kunden können hier Fragen veröffentlichen. Das WPML-Team beantwortet Anfragen im Forum an 6 Tagen pro Woche, 22 Stunden am Tag.

Schlagwörter: 

This topic contains 3 Antworten, has 2 Teilnehmer.

Last updated by Bobby vor 7 Monate.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Autor Beiträge
April 22, 2019 um 4:59 pm #3657229

alexanderD-18

Can someone please make this clear to me? If I translate a post or page with untranslated images, I can translate those right in the translation editor and they will appear in the media translation as well. However, if I edit translation of the same image in the "Media Translation" that translation won't appear in the post. Is that correct?

April 22, 2019 um 9:25 pm #3658381

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Hello,

you can handle the media uploaded to your gallery and how they are handled from WPML->Settings->Bottom of page

If the settings "
When uploading media to the Media library, make it available in all languages
Duplicate media attachments for translations
Duplicate featured images for translations"

then the media will be duplicated the moment its uploaded even if you have not transalted it within WPML Media Transaltion (WPML Media Transaltion plugin by itself simply allows you to translate the image text, alt text , etc.)

Please review the following documentation
=> https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/
=> https://wpml.org/2018/06/important-changes-in-how-media-translation-works-since-wpml-4-0/

please let me know if this helps clarify the way WPML Media translation works and if you still have any further questions

April 22, 2019 um 10:10 pm #3658571

alexanderD-18

Hi Bobby! Thanks for your update.
I am a bit confused now. What if I only want to translate the meta tags of an image? Do I deactivate the "duplicate image" settings?

For example in this screenshot. Has the whole image been duplicated in this case or only the meta tags? (I have not uploaded a different one, in both languages they use the original one).

What is the recommended settings for SEO? Should the image be duplicated or is a translation of the meta tags enough?

Lastly, can you recommend a FB group or something for WPML users?

Thanks for your help!

April 23, 2019 um 5:17 am #3659643

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

To understand better, you are essentially asking if there is a way to transalte the meta tags without creating a duplicate of the image correct ?

in order for the translations of the media to work WPML Media creates entries within the database for each language for the image therefore that is how the duplication of it or even translation of it happens.

there is no need to upload a different image for each language(unless of course you wanted to)

unfortunately i am not aware of a FB group for WPML , but you can always use our forum for any questions you might have

Das Thema „[Geschlossen] When does Media Translation appear?“ ist für neue Antworten geschlossen.