Dies ist das technische Support-Forum für WPML - das mehrsprachige WordPress-Plugin.

Mitlesen können alle, doch nur WPML-Kunden können hier Fragen veröffentlichen. Das WPML-Team beantwortet Anfragen im Forum an 6 Tagen pro Woche, 22 Stunden am Tag.

Heute stehen keine Supporter zur Arbeit im German-Forum zur Verfügung. Sie können gern Tickets erstellen, die wir bearbeiten werden, sobald wir online sind. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis.

This topic contains 8 Antworten, has 2 Teilnehmer.

Last updated by hilleH vor 3 Monate, 1 Woche.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Autor Beiträge
August 18, 2019 um 8:32 pm #4412677

hilleH

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Ich versuche einige Widgets/Plugins mit der String Übersetzung zu übersetzen und stosse damit auf Schwierigkeiten.

Beispiel «Buttonizer»: (Zu sehen auf jeder Seite). Da habe ich im «Admin Screen» die Strings gefunden und markiert, aber sie tauchen dann nicht in der String Übersicht auf.

Beispiel Produkt Filter in der Seitenleiste: hidden link Die Titel werden nicht übersetz, der Text drüber auch nicht. Die Strings habe ich im Admin Screen gefunden, danach sind sie wieder verschollen

Beispiel Custom Tabs: Im Vergleich deutsch/englische Seite sieht man, dass wichtige Tabs fehlen: hidden link

Hier hat es mir unter «unsere neuesten...» das Layout zerhackt. Zusätzlich findet er keine Kurse: hidden link

Is there any documentation that you are following? Ich glaube ich habe sämtliche Forenbeiträge dazu gelesen, aber scheinbar nicht richtig verstanden?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

August 20, 2019 um 3:56 pm #4425189

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español ) Portugiesisch, Brasilien (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hallo @hilleh, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Is it ok if we continue this ticket in English? If not, please let me know and I will forward to another supporter.

Usually these are the steps to translate a string from the theme or from a plugin:
- Make sure you have the Translation Magagement and String Translator extensions active. If not, you can download here: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/
- Go to WPML → Theme and Plugin Localization → Strings in the plugins
- Select your theme and click on Scan selected plugin for strings
- Go to WPML → String Translation and search for the Strings
- Translate the string, check the Translation is complete field and click on Save.

Ref: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

If you can not find the strings, check it is possible to find it on the Translate texts in admin screen page, like on this link: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

If these steps does not work, could you please let me know the name of the theme or the plugin that generate these strings? It's probably a compatibility issue.

All the best,
Diego

August 20, 2019 um 4:29 pm #4425377

hilleH

Hi Diego

English is fine with me. If it doesn't bother you that it's not my mother tongue and I sure make some funny mistakes 🙂

At first: Thanks for your help.

I've worked through all your points.
Theme and Plugin Localization: there I find all the strings I need (see screenshots), mark them and then press apply. I go to the strings - and switch to the admin screen. Also there I find everything I need (see screenshots), I mark again and switch back to the strings. And unfortunately I don't find anything there. See screenshot

The plugins are «Buttonizer - Smart Floating Action Button», «WPForms Lite», «WOOF - WooCommerce Products Filter» and «Custom Product Tabs for WooCommerce»

Thank You!

August 21, 2019 um 10:27 am #4430155

hilleH

A small update: I'm still working on the site and had to update some stuff.

- Problem wpforms: I built a second form and loaded it manually into the german page.

- Product Filter: I've found a solution, so it's done.

Now I still have the problem that I can't find the strings for the Buttonizer.

And apparently there are problems with the categories. If I want to show "the newest courses" for a special category, no products will be found. Only on the German side: hidden link

And maybe the biggest problem: that the additional fields are not shown on the German page.

August 21, 2019 um 2:54 pm #4432447

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español ) Portugiesisch, Brasilien (Português )

Hi there,

This seems to be a new compatibility issue. Do you think it's possible to reproduce the issue on a clean install?

In these cases, these are the procedures:
- Install the plugin in a clean installation and reproduce the problem in this new installation. So we can isolate it and do some testing without the interference of server settings or other plugins
- After this, I will check the problem in this new installation and look for a quick solution
- If I can not find a solution, I will forward the problem to our compatibility team
- The compatibility team will do some more testing and will contact the product author to fix the issue

I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link - Through this link you will be automatically logged in.

Please upload the plugin to this test install, setup it the same way as in your website (using the same options) and create some dummy content to reproduce the issue. Please note that we only need the plugin and the related functionality, you don't need to setup a entire website or clone your existing site.

After that, please send us clear steps on how to see/reproduce the issue on this test install. We will run some tests.

Kind regards,
Diego

August 25, 2019 um 10:31 am #4453793

hilleH

I have cloned my site now, so that also the suitable theme is supplied and the configuration is exactly the same as with me.
I would now like to delete superfluous products, pages and other stuff so that only the affected pages are visible. Unfortunately I can't reach the admin interface anymore.

August 26, 2019 um 5:52 pm #4460687

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

So, this is a clone of your website, correct? I need to login to check the issue, but the original credentials are not working anymore, so i think it was overwriten by the credentials of your website.

Could you please provide the credentials of your website? Please use the private field.

If not, we have another server that we sue to clone websites (this one is just to reproduce issues with a clean install). If you prefer, I can send you the instructions to duplicate the site to this server, where I can generate new credentials.

IMPORTANT: Please backup your site first before making any change, this is important for security reasons.

Kind regards,
Diego

August 27, 2019 um 4:06 pm #4468387

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hello,

Thanks, it worked. I did some tests and was able to translate the buttonizer strings with the steps below:
- Go to WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration
- Add the following code and save:

<wpml-config>
    <admin-texts>
        <key name="buttonizer_buttons_published">
            <key name="0">
                <key name="data">
                    <key name="label"/></key>
                <key name="buttons">
                    <key name="*">
                        <key name="label"/></key>
                </key>
            </key>
        </key>
    </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

- Go to WPML > String Translator. The strings should be displayed on the list.
- Translate the strings and save

These steps worked on the test site:
- Original: hidden link
- Translation: hidden link

Please let me know if it works for you.

It would be great if you can also contact the author to refer them to our Go Global program so that we can help them make their product compatible with WPML: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

Regarding the other issue (license manager plugin), as this is a different plugin, may I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for this? We can handle only one issue per ticket, this will help other users with similar problems to find solutions when searching the forum.

Please install the plugin on this clean install, then check if the same issue occurs: hidden link - after that, please add this link on the new ticket.

Kind regards,
Diego

August 27, 2019 um 5:03 pm #4468687

hilleH

Everything works fine now - For the other problem I will open a new ticket.
Thank you!!