Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 1 year ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
February 24, 2023 at 10:34 am #13107157

jawadA-4

We are facing an issue with the WPML media plugin.
Our website has Elementor Editor as well as WPML and WPML media plugins.

Our website contains vast content. And now we are facing an issue with editing Elementor.
The issue that once we save any changes on Elementor, it took more than 5 mins to keep.
We traced the issue and found that the WPML media plugin is causing the problem.
We deactivated the plugin, and saving the changes took 10 seconds at max.

February 27, 2023 at 1:37 am #13118563

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I'd be happy to help you with this issue.

Please enable a minimal environment as below to see if it helps:
- Deactivate all plugins except WPML and Elementor
- Switch to a standard theme of WordPress
❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before proceeding ❌
You can use this plugin to create the backup: 
https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

If it persists, please enable WP debug and share the error log with me, around 50 lines from the bottom. It will help us to know what happens on your site while saving the post/page with Elementor.
Please read more on the documentation https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

February 27, 2023 at 12:13 pm #13123981

jawadA-4

Dear Long,

Thanks for responding,
to be frank with you, your request is not applicable for these reasons,

1. the website is live and production
2. this is a commercial website. We cannot take action like this.

I can provide the debug info but can't disable the plugins.

Looking forward to hearing back from you

February 28, 2023 at 3:57 am #13130801

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

In this case, I recommend copying your site to a staging site and you can do the troubleshooting steps. After having the staging site, and you still see the issue, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue.
Your next reply is set to private to share the info.

Additionally, you can also share the debug log, we can see if there is a relevant plugin that causes the issue.

Thanks

February 28, 2023 at 4:28 am #13130939

jawadA-4

Thanks, Long, for your reply.

We did the mentioned step by cloning the production into the staging environment.
We found that the issue does not exist.
Please note the below :
1. production and staging are on the same server
2. staging is exactly the same as production

February 28, 2023 at 6:37 am #13131283

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

So we can see it's not an issue with WPML Media on your staging site, just a specific issue on your live site. It could be a temporary issue on your live site at a certain time. Please try to create a new page/post with Elementor, add some images to the content, and save the page/post again to see how it works.

If the issue persists, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your live site to take a better look at the issue. Your next reply is set to private to share the info.
You can use this plugin to create the backup: 
https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Thanks

February 28, 2023 at 6:52 am #13131371

jawadA-4

Thank you for responding to the issue we were experiencing with WPML Media on our live site.

As we mentioned in our previous correspondence, the issue only happens on our production site, not the staging site. After further investigation, we found that the problem disappears immediately after disabling WPML Media.

Regarding your request for temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to our live site, I regret to inform you that sharing access to our site is against our company's rules and security policies. However, we would still like to work with you to find a solution to the issue.

Therefore, I kindly request an official email address where we can communicate with you and involve my manager and security team in the conversation. We can discuss the issue more formally and securely and provide the necessary information.

I appreciate your understanding, and I look forward to your response.

February 28, 2023 at 9:17 am #13133079

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

It would be required and we need to confirm if and when, how the issue happens, that is difficult to provide proper help if no debugging suggestions can be followed.

We provide ticket support in the forum, not the official email address. If you have some sensitive info and want to hide it, I will enable a private reply to share it.

You can also use the plugin Query Monitor to check the slow queries by following the documentation https://wpml.org/tutorials/2019/10/analyze-performance-issues-with-query-monitor/

Thanks

March 1, 2023 at 4:14 am #13141209

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

I've set your reply to private and all the next replies if you want. That means only I or my colleague and you can view the private reply. Is that ok to share the info?

According to the screenshots, I see all slow queries take less than 0.1 second, so it might not be the issue here. Can you please share the screenshot of the PHP errors tab?

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML media plugin’ is closed to new replies.