Quebec Acoustique has been providing state-of-the-art audio/video and home automation solutions since 2000 and is based out of Blainville, Quebec.
The client asked us to modernize their existing website and to ensure the bilingual aspect would work flawlessly, not only for web pages but also for the whole e-commerce catalog totaling over 4,000 products!
We ended up custom-coding a plugin to synchronize 3,000+ projector lamps on a daily basis with a remote API and make the plugin generate WPML translations automatically. We also used WooCommerce Multilingual to ensure very product, category, tag and the custom field was translated. Once done, we also implemented a Live Search capability which respected WPML’s languages, as well as a quoting mechanism for complex products.
The client has seen their new bilingual (French, English) site generate online ordering as well as quote requests, providing for a sound ROI for this site overhaul!https://www.quebecacoustic.com
How to build a multilingual e-commerce website with Toolset and WPML
- Add custom fields and taxonomies to your WooCommerce products with Types
- Create your own templates for WooCommerce products
- Create a customized shopping page and a side by side product comparison
- Build a product search so customers can find your products
- Add a product categories slider
- Create front end forms so users can add and edit products using Forms
- Display information on store orders and which customers bought a product
To translate an e-commerce website with WPML you will need to
- Choose who will translate your content, yourself, your own translators or a translation service
- Translate your pages and posts
- Translate your taxonomies
- Translate your strings from your theme, plugins and other places
- Translate your menus
- Translate your WooCommerce elements using WCML
If you are assigning translations
You will want to follow the steps above but you will need to send content for translation.