Search the documentation:
What it means to be a WPML Contractor »
What's new in WPML »
After listening to your feedback on what you wanted to see from WPML, we have added a number of great new features over the last 12 months.
And we are hoping to introduce even more features which you have asked for in the coming year.Continue reading
Developing Custom Multilingual Sites »
Developers often need to build custom functionality that works with multilingual websites. This page provides information on creating such custom websites that work with the WPML plugin.Continue reading
Getting Started Guide »
WPML consists of several modules. The basic module turns WordPress sites multilingual. Other modules help with an enhanced translation process, string translation, media translation and other functions. Continue reading
Jump directly to...
- Language Setup
- Theme and Plugins Localization
- String Translation
- Translating Custom Posts
- Translating Post Categories and Custom taxonomies
- Translating Menus
- Translating Customizer and Theme Options
- Translating Images with Media Translation
- Translating Page Slugs
- Translating Widgets
- Sticky Links
- Translating Custom Fields
- Site Navigation
- Pre-Selecting the Translation Service for Sites
- Getting Visitor Feedback About Your Site’s Translations
- How to Prepare for Production Content
How to Translate Your WordPress Site »
When you think about translating your content, you may think about the page “title” and “body”. However, fully translated content requires more attention. In this document, we explain what you need to know before starting to translate your content and how to handle the different elements in your sites. Continue reading
Jump directly to...
- Standard Translation Editor
- Translation tools available with WPML
- Advanced Translation Editor
- Getting a word count of your WordPress site
- Using desktop CAT tools
- How to send content for translation
- How to check the status of translation jobs
- How to send images and other media for translation
- How to translate strings
- Translating content created with page builders
- Adding priority to your translations
- Displaying Untranslated Content on Pages in Secondary Languages
- Professional Translation via WPML
- How to Use Access Plugin to Create Editors for Specific Language
- Exporting Translation Status to CSV
How a Multilingual Site Helps Reach More Clients and Grow Your Business »
One of the cheapest and most cost-effective ways to find new clients is to create a multilingual website for your business.
You already spent time optimizing your site in your own language. Now, for a fraction of the effort (and cost), you can translate it to other languages and enjoy more traffic from people in other countries, speaking other languages.
20 successful businesses which used WPML to translate their website explain the plugins they use, how they reach out to clients and the key lessons to learn.
Hotel companies which translated their website with WPML discuss why they decided to translate their website, why localizing was important for the business and how exactly having a multilingual website has benefited them.
Some of our WPML Contractors give their advice from a developer’s point of view on the common mistakes from businesses, the process of building a multilingual website and the best plugins.
Find out how translating your website can really help your business when it comes to its profit margins.
Not every business necessarily needs to have a translated website and it doesn’t always need to be immediate. See if your business fits the requirements to take it global.
Now that you have a website and customers are using it, the next step is to make sure the sales process is optimized to increase conversions. We show you how.
You don’t necessarily need to be backed by multi-million-dollar investors to build a multilingual website. We show you how you can translate your content if you need to keep the costs down.
Once you’ve translated your website then what next? Here are the steps to take to actually make sure customers access your content.
One of the most important features of your business to translate are your ads and landing pages. Amir explains how doing so turned his pet project into a profitable business which funded OnTheGoSystems – the creators of WPML.
Localizing your website is not simply about translating your content. Customers will expect your pre-sales questions to be answered in a way that they are familiar with.
One of the most forgotten aspects of translating a website is the one which actually helps customers find you. Find out how to optimize your SEO in foreign languages to ensure it ranks well on Google.
Integrating Your Translation Service with WPML »
WPML’s professional translation option allows you to translate your WordPress sites in the most convenient, cost-effective and accurate way possible. Continue reading
A List of Multilingual-Ready Themes, Compatible with WPML »
Many themes work fine on multilingual sites. To make sure, we work with theme authors and perform extensive testing. Then, we list those theme on this page.
Jump directly to...
- How to translate GeneratePress theme using WPML?
- Create multilingual WordPress websites using the Salient theme and WPML
- How to translate pages built with Enfold (Avia Builder)
- Multilingual Avada Sites Using WPML
- Go-Global Program
- Build multilingual WordPress websites using Bridge theme and WPML
- How to Translate WP Job Manager with WPML
- Build multilingual WordPress sites using OceanWP theme and WPML
- Create multilingual WordPress websites using the Newspaper theme and WPML
- How to translate pages built with X Theme (Cornerstone Builder)
- Build multilingual WordPress websites using Uncode theme and WPML
- Creating multilingual websites using Astra theme and WPML
- How to build multilingual sites with the Divi theme and WPML
- Create multilingual WordPress websites using Betheme and WPML
- How to create multilingual sites using Jupiter theme and WPML
- Creating multilingual sites using The7 theme and WPML
- How to translate Genesis Framework into different languages using WPML
- How to translate Kallyas theme using WPML?
- Storefront & WPML – create a multilingual shop
- Build Multilingual Websites Using The Impreza Theme and WPML
- Create multilingual WordPress websites using Total and WPML
- How to translate Kleo theme using WPML
- How to build a multilingual site with Canvas
- How to translate Real Homes theme using WPML?
- Build WordPress multilingual sites using Brooklyn theme and WPML
- How to translate Kalium theme using WPML?
- How to translate Virtue theme using WPML
- How to Develop Multilingual Classifieds Sites
- How to build RTL WordPress themes
- Running Multilingual Sites with Elegantthemes and WPML
- Running Multilingual Sites with Template Monster’s Themes and WPML
- Using WPML with U-Design theme
- How to build a multilingual site with Upstart
WPML Core and Add-on Plugins »
WPML is made of a core plugin and add-ons. The core WPML Multilingual CMS is always required. You can install any combination of the add-on plugins for additional functionality. Continue reading
Plugins Compatibility »
Many plugins work fine on multilingual sites. To make sure, we work with plugin authors and perform extensive testing. Then, we list those plugin on this page. Continue reading
Jump directly to...
- How to build multilingual sites with WPBakery Page Builder and WPML
- Build multilingual WordPress sites using Advanced Post Types Order and WPML
- Translating All in One SEO Pack Pro
- Beginners guide to using the Newsletter plugin on multilingual websites
- Using Relevanssi and WPML for your multilingual site.
- Using WPML with SiteOrigin Page Builder
- Using Event Calendar with WooCoomerce Multilingual
- How to build multilingual sites with Elementor and WPML
- How to translate Formidable Forms with WPML
- How to translate NextGEN Gallery with WPML
- Using WPML to translate Cookie Law Info
- How to build multilingual sites with Beaver Builder and WPML
- How to Use bbPress on Multilingual Sites with WPML
- Optimize Multilingual Website Performance Using W3 Total Cache
- Translate Black Studio TinyMCE Widget using WPML
- Using WPML with the JetPack plugin
- Creating multilingual sliders using LayerSlider and WPML
- How to build multilingual sites with Oxygen and WPML?
- Using Yoast SEO with WPML
- Creating multilingual sliders with Slider Revolution and WPML
- Using Contact Form 7 with WPML
WooCommerce Extensions Compatibility »
Many WooCommerce Extensions work fine on multilingual sites. To make sure, we work with extensions authors and perform extensive testing. Then, we list those extensions here. Continue reading
Jump directly to...
- Translating WooCommerce Product Add-Ons with WooCommerce Multilingual
- Translating WooCommerce Bookings with WooCommerce Multilingual
- Translating WooCommerce Table Rate Shipping with WooCommerce Multilingual
- Translating WooCommerce Tab Manager with WooCommerce Multilingual
- Translating WooCommerce Subscriptions with WooCommerce Multilingual
Related Projects »
Along with WPML, we also maintain several related projects, which allow other kinds of sites to run multilingual. Continue reading
Jump directly to...
- Migrate from Polylang to WPML
- MailChimp for WordPress Multilingual
- Translate sites built with ACF
- WooCommerce Multilingual – Run E-Commerce Sites in Several Languages
- Gravity Forms Multilingual
- BuddyPress Multilingual
- WPML All Import plugin – website Import with WPML
- WooCommerce Gateways Country Limiter
- qTranslate Importer
- Multilingual Tools Plugin
- Easy Digital Downloads Multilingual
Developers Information »
WPML lets you run one WordPress site in multiple languages. The basic setup takes a few minutes and you can see the site multilingual. Then, you can customize the behavior and appearance of your site to match your exact specifications.
Jump directly to...
- Maintaining the Divi builder Compatibility with WPML
- Multisite Support
- Maintaining the Fusion Builder (Avada) Compatibility with WPML
- Browser Cookies Stored By WPML
- Achieving WPML Compatibility for Your Themes and plugins
- Debugging Theme Compatibility
- Maintaining the CornerStone Page Builder (X Theme) Compatibility with WPML
- Translating the theme you created
- Maintaining WPBakery Page Builder Compatibility with WPML
- Translating urlencoded shortcodes
- Language Configuration Files
- Translating Elementor plugin
- Maintaining the Avia Layout Builder (Enfold) Compatibility with WPML
- Sending Emails with WPML
- Translating Beaver Builder plugin
- Embedded installer for authors
- WPML’s Languages Table
- How to integrate page builders that use shortcodes with WPML
- XML-RPC language interface
- WPML Coding API
- Adding hreflang to Multilingual WordPress Sites
- Why custom types and fields are important for multilingual sites
- WPML’s tables
- Custom multilingual themes
- Getting started with custom types, fields and taxonomy
- Debugging WPML
- Translating user input texts from plugins and themes
- Advanced uses for custom types, fields and taxonomy
- Accounts for WPML End-users
- Troubleshooting String Localization
- WPML Admin Capabilities
- String Package Translation
- Tracking Affiliate Performance using Google Analytics Events
- Making WooCommerce Themes Multilingual and Multi-Currency Ready
- Multilingual SEO
- Translating Custom Data Structures
- Translating WooCommerce sites when the default language is not English
Affiliate Program »
Are you enjoying WPML? Tell the world about it and earn 30% affiliate commission for every new customer that you bring. Continue reading
See answers to frequently asked questions.
How we debug performance issues »
Performance issues are treated with high priority by WPML team. If you have detected that your site is running slow or there are some slow queries running after translating it with WPML, please open a ticket in our support forum. Give us as much information as possible, so we can help you faster.Continue reading
We want to provide you with clear and complete information about which personal data the WPML plugin and wpml.org site gather and how you can view and control its handling.Continue reading