Performance issues are treated with high priority by WPML team. If you have detected that your site is running slow or there are some slow queries running after translating it with WPML, please open a ticket in our support forum. Give us as much information as possible, so we can help you faster.
This is what we do to handle performance problems:
- Your ticket will be assigned to a supporter which will ask you to add some basic adjustments and verify if there is a performance issue associated to WPML.
- WPML supporter will login into your site and verify that everything is set up as it should be.
- The supporter will ask you for a Duplicator package if the issue is not resolved in the previous step.
- The supporter will escalate your ticket so your site can be profiled and the found issue can be debugged.
- If the issue is not resolved we will set a dedicated server and install your Duplicator package.
- A WPML performance specialist will use Blackfire and other tools for profiling the issue on our server.
- We will do our best to offer you a workaround as smooth as possible.
- Internally, we escalate this issue to our Development team if it is related to WPML, or to our Compatibility team if it involves a third party plugin or theme.
Keep in mind that we will keep you in the loop as much as possible. We want you to be aware in which step of this troubleshooting workflow we are as, depending on its complexity, it could take some time.