The LayerSlider plugin allows you to create sliders that can display images, videos, and posts. It features a multitude of animation effects and allows the layering of content in each slide. The integration of LayerSlider with WPML allows you to create and run multilingual sliders and popups.
Start by installing and activating the following plugins:
- The LayerSlider plugin
- WPML core plugin and WPML String Translation add-on
If you’re new to WPML, check out our Getting Started Guide. It quickly walks you through different translation options you can use.
To translate the text written on slides, popups, and other LayerSlider projects, follow these steps:
- From your WordPress dashboard, go to WPML → String Translation.
- Choose the LayerSlider Sliders text domain from the drop-down menu titled In domain. A list can then be seen with all the texts that you added to your projects.
- Click the plus icon to add your translations.
- To display the translated project on the front end, translate the page that includes it. You can translate it yourself by clicking on the plus icon in the list of pages. This opens the Advanced Translation Editor where you can translate the page.
Your project will then be available in your secondary language.
If you need help translating your site built using LayerSlider and WPML, visit WPML’s support forum.