This guide teaches how to use All in One SEO (AIOSEO) Pack Pro and WPML to achieve multilingual SEO. You will learn how to optimize individual posts and pages and control site-wide settings in your site’s different languages.
On This Page:
- Getting Started
- Translating Your SEO Title and Meta Descriptions
- Using All in One SEO, WooCommerce, and WPML
- Known Issues
- Getting Help From Our Support
Start by installing and activating the following:
- All in One SEO Pack Pro
- WPML core plugin and WPML String Translation add-on
- WooCommerce Multilingual and Multicurrency (if you are running a WooCommerce site)
If you’re new to WPML, check out our Getting Started Guide. It quickly walks you through all the translation options you can use.
All in One SEO Pack Pro allows you to decide between using smart tags or entering text in the Title and Meta Description fields. To rank higher in searches in different languages, we suggest adding text to these fields.
After you’ve set up the SEO options for your default language page, translating them is simple.
One of the options is Translate Everything Automatically – the quickest way to translate and the easiest way to keep your content up to date. This feature automatically translates pages, posts, custom post types, custom fields, taxonomies, WooCommerce products, and more as you add and edit content.
If you have Translate Everything Automatically turned on, your SEO elements – along with all of the page’s content – will be automatically translated.
If you are using the Translate What You Choose mode:
- In your post or page editing screen, expand the Language box and click the plus icon next to the language you want to translate your content into.
- You’ll be taken to the Advanced Translation Editor where you can translate your page’s content automatically or manually input your translations.
If you the meta box is not visible on your product editing pages, you’ll have to activate it. Go to All in One SEO → Search Appearances and click on the Content Type Settings tab. Find the Products section and click on Advanced. Switch Show AIOSEO Meta Box on.
You can now customize product search engine settings from the meta box on all your product editing pages.
To translate the product title and meta description directly from your product’s page, click the plus icon in the Language tab.
Add your translations in the Advanced Translation Editor.
In case you need help translating your site built using All in One SEO Pack Pro and WPML, visit WPML’s support forum.