Bridge is a multi-purpose theme that allows you to choose from 610+ demos and create all types of websites. Learn how to build multilingual WordPress websites using Bridge theme and WPML.
- Getting Started
- Translating Posts and Pages
- Translating Pages Built With Page Builders
- Translating Portfolio and Testimonials Items
- Translating Portfolio and Testimonials Categories
- Translating Texts From Bridge Theme, Plugins and Other Places
- Translating Menus
- Creating Multilingual Sliders
- Known Issues
- Getting Help
- Get Help With Building and Maintaining Your Site
Start by installing and activating the following:
If you’re new to WPML, check out our Getting Started Guide. It quickly walks you through different translation options you can use.
The Bridge theme is fully compatible with the Translate Everything Automatically mode. With this option, you can translate your site’s content as you add or edit it.
Or, translate your site using the Translate What You Choose mode and decide what to translate and who will translate it. Choose from translating your content by yourself, assigning it to individual translators, or enlisting the help of a professional translation agency.
To learn how to translate your content in bulk, see our documentation about using the Translation Management Dashboard.
The Bridge theme comes bundled with the WPBakery and Elementor page builders. To learn more, see our guide to translating content created with page builders.
We also suggest checking out our documentation about registering page builder modules for translation.
Portfolio and Testimonials are custom post types. You can learn more in our documentation about translating custom post types.
In the example below, we’ll show you how to translate a Portfolio Item by yourself:
- Go to the Portfolio you’d like to translate. From the Language box in the right sidebar, click the plus icon next to the language you’d like to translate it into.
- You’ll be taken to the Advanced Translation Editor. If you have translation credits, you can translate the content automatically. Otherwise, enter the translations for each line and click Complete once you’re done.
Keep in mind that the translations of categories are universal: any changes you make will be updated everywhere.
To find your preferred way of translating Portfolio and Testimonials Categories, see our documentation page about translating post categories and custom taxonomies.
Here, we’ll show you how to translate Portfolio Categories from a central taxonomy menu:
- Go to WPML → Taxonomy Translation and select the taxonomy to translate from the drop-down menu. In our example, it is Portfolio Categories.
- Click the plus icon under the language you’d like to translate each taxonomy term into and then Save your translation.
Besides the content coming from the posts and pages on your site, there are usually some texts coming from other places. These texts come from your theme and plugins.
To learn how to translate these texts, go to our documentation page about String Translation.
With WPML, you can translate your menus automatically, manually, or sync them across your site’s languages. You can learn more by visiting our page about translating menus.
The Bridge theme comes bundled with the Slider Revolution plugin. To learn more, see our documentation about creating multilingual sliders using Slider Revolution.
If you need help translating your site built using Bridge and WPML, visit WPML’s support forum.
If you need help with building or maintaining your site, take a look at our list of WPML Contractors. They are experienced developers specialized in developing multilingual sites.